sadmanbarty

there's a contingent on this forum who are determined to crush any form of fun, excitement, charisma, originality, creativity, originality, spark...

to see the phrase 'oliver sudden dances on the graves of palestinian children' as anything other than an expression of pure, infantile joy is incomprehensible to me.

the nasty step dads have come to dismantle the treehouse out of nothing other than middle aged spite and resentment.

for what it's worth this isn't aimed at tea, who i actually think's great for the forum.

john eden

male pale and stale
I love you Luka, but this is all ridiculous.

Take a step back and get some perspective.

Also, there is absolutely no need to apologise for calling me boring, but thank you :)

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
there's a contingent on this forum who are determined to crush any form of fun, excitement, charisma, originality, creativity, originality, spark...

to see the phrase 'oliver sudden dances on the graves of palestinian children' as anything other than an expression of pure, infantile joy is incomprehensible to me.

the nasty step dads have come to dismantle the treehouse out of nothing other than middle aged spite and resentment.

for what it's worth this isn't aimed at tea, who i actually think's great for the forum.

Maybe you need to think harder, eh, if it's that incomprehensible to you. As for all the other stuff - change the record, son.

And 'this isn't aimed at Tea' - lol. Ffs. The guy's rightly upset, and you're colluding in it.

Last edited:

john eden

male pale and stale

The infantile joy is only ok in one direction tho eh.

Leo

here we go again...like a pot that occasionally boils over, usually with the same cooks in the kitchen.

luka

john im well aware that it is ridiculous. none of it was meant in earnest. it was just me being drunk and utterly bored of teas grandstanding. a lot of it on facebook rather than here but the same dynamic across all platforms. i should have just muted him there and ignored him here.

i dont have any problem saying sorry whenever i feel an apology is due. ive done so several times.
what i dont do is issue apologies in the face of priggish finger wagging. baboon needless to say you're not helping nor has anyone made you school prefect.

leo im sorry not everyone wants the same things in life. im sorry not everyone shares a single idea of fun. im sorry different people have different points of view.

droid

Tea has been engaged in a decade long exercise in trolling here and in the process, wrecking the heads of pretty much everyone at some point. He's happy to throw around all kinds of accusations and insinuations but he never apologises, never concedes a point when he's beaten, never learns - just moves onto the next fallacious argument and the cycle runs again.

I had some hopes when he said that he would stay out of politics as that's where his brand of regurgitated everyman idiocy causes the most annoyance, but alas, it wasn't to be.

There's a level of relentlessness that could be described as admirable - like the maggot infestation that creeps out of your wheelie bin on a hot day and crawls up your back door irregardless of how much bleach and boiling water you throw at it - but it is entirely understandable if frustration erupts from time to time.

The fact it doesn't happen on a daily basis is testament to the unearthly patience and tolerance of the board.

luka

im not going to get sucked into a debate or get emotional or lose my cool this time.
i dont want anyone else to either. in fact this will be the last post i make on the subject.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
i dont have any problem saying sorry whenever i feel an apology is due. ive done so several times.
what i dont do is issue apologies in the face of priggish finger wagging. baboon needless to say you're not helping nor has anyone made you school prefect.

Not seeking to help; this is a forum and we're disagreeing. No need to make it more complicated than that.

sadmanbarty

After the last blowout Me, Luke and Droid all said sorry, talked, adapted and tried to accommodate everyone so that the whole forum can all get along, but it seems like that's not going to work.

I suggest from now on Luka's Treehouse will be 'Music' (except for 'Choon of the Day'). For anyone who doesn't like Luka's Treehouse, then the rest of the forum (including 'Choon of the Day') is yours.

Nobody's excluded from anywhere, but inside Luka's Treehouse there can't be any tellings off or sabotaging other people's fun, self-expression or creativity. Likewise outside the treehouse everyone has to be on their best behaviour.

Leo

leo im sorry not everyone wants the same things in life. im sorry not everyone shares a single idea of fun. im sorry different people have different points of view.

no need to worry about any of that, this is the last place where people would come for a shared vision on anything (dissensus!). things bubble over once in awhile, it gets noted and we move on.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
sabotaging other people's fun, self-expression or creativity.

By this, do you mean actual creativity (of which there is plenty of course) or "creativity" as a codeword for being as much of a cunt to other people as we want? Obviously being a cunt can be both fun and self-expressive, so that part's clear.

john eden

male pale and stale
I think this place is only going to work if we call each other to account. The idea that other posters should butt out and not get involved with this is ridiculous. And actually reinforces the idea that there is an elite here who can do what they want, whilst everyone else is simply the audience.

Craner has graciously put up with being referred to as part of a neoliberal thinktank for years. Tea has put up with being called a cop for months.

Those are both funny, imo.

Luka's tirade over the weekend wasn't funny and also used Tea's real name. That's crossing a line as far as I'm concerned.

If there is other stuff on Facebook that I've not seen that is perhaps mitigation, but really it should stay on Facebook.

I've asked Luka to apologise to Tea and he hasn't. That's probably the end of it for now and people can draw their own conclusions.

But the idea that somehow it's fine for Luka and Barty to be outraged by Tea's behaviour and say what they want - whilst other people should simply shut up and not respond to what they say is just dumb.

This whole "infantile joy" vs Dads/Prefects is stupid too. Sometimes people need to reign it in before someone gets hurt. If you don't want people to behave like Dads then maybe grow up a bit.

How is this hard? I've been annoyed by Tea just as much as the rest of you and manage to engage with him (or not engage with him) without this nonsense. He has misrepresented my positions and I've dealt with that by making him look like a dickhead, not by making things up about him.

sadmanbarty

There's an underlying problem in that there are a number of posters with a deluded sense of moral and intellectual authority. I can guarantee you're not more moral than any other posters, you aren't smarter. I don't know who you guys think you are to be dishing out tellings off or giving lessons. Have some humility and self-awareness. Just because you don't understand something it doesn't mean it's bad.

There's a group of posters put-off by the sort of thing me and Luka do (and judging by the DMs a group who are invigorated by it). Likewise there are people who are completely put off by all the stuff you lot are doing (I've barely posted recently because of it).

Just ignore stuff you don't like and partake in the stuff you do.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
my enemies are circling. they smell blood in the water. maybe this is the end for me.
i'm done for. the superego has spoken. daddy has come home.
tea is the figurehead of this brave new world.
i had a good run so im handing over the torch without bitterness or regrets.
he is your leader now.

Yeah maybe. Or maybe you're just being self-centred dickhead, let yourself get carried away with being enjoyably obnoxious while you were pissed as a fart and are now trying to play the martyr card.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
And the "none of it was meant in earnest" sounds like rapid backpedalling from genuine nastiness to a disingenuous position of "it was only a joke, what's the matter, can't you take a joke???".

It's the old Top Gear gambit. Like it this were an episode of Scooby Doo, I'd tear off luka's mask it'd be Jeremy Clarkson underneath.

droid

lol. The stench of hypocrisy.

There's an ignore button. I suggest people give it a try for a while. Its quite useful.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Hypocrisy? Find a post where I've accused someone of celebrating children's deaths and I'll own 'hypocrisy'.