Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Hardcore Continuum Autopsy

Pretty much the only sensation I've felt in a clb is vaguely bored.

Probably about ego. A communal experience is never going to mean fuck all to me.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luka For This Useful Post:

well, that's why true ego death does not exist on drugs. it's a short cut that skips all the patience and perseverence necessary to get to that state of ind. kill the terence mckenna in yer head.

Not sure ego death is something I'm looking for necessarily.

Joe Muggs launches deep listening hideaway and announces book about sound system culture - https://www.thewire.co.uk/news/54038...istening-night

Also on the cards is the publication of Brian David Stevens and Muggs's new book Bass, Mids, Tops: An Oral History Of Sound System Culture. The book features a series of conversations with artists who have created new crossovers and fusions in UK sound system culture over the past 50 years. It’s illustrated with portraits of the artists interviewed and sound system photography by Stevens, and there is a foreword by former Steel Pulse singer Mykaell Riley, who now heads the Bass Culture course in the Black Music Research Unit at London’s University of Westminster.

“I wanted the voices of the subjects to be what dominates, and the overlaps between their stories to show the outlines of what we think of as cultural movements and moments,” explains Muggs. The people he talked to in Bass, Mids, Tops are Dennis Bovell, Adrian Sherwood, Norman Jay, Youth, Tony Thorpe, Smith & Mighty, George Evelyn, Nicolette, Jumping Jack Frost, Dego, DJ Storm, Noodles, Zed Bias, Sarah Lockhart, Terror Danjah, Kromestar, Skream, Mala, T Williams, Cooly G, Toddla T, Samrai, Barely Legal, and Shy One

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    Probably about ego. A communal experience is never going to mean fuck all to me.
    Aghast.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to droid For This Useful Post:

About time someone had the decency to respond to that provocation