CORP$EY

no mickey mouse ting
what i've particularly liked about dissensus lately is how every thread careens on and off topic for pages at a time

its freeform modal jazz, not be-bop

luka

i was trying to save it from the very thing eden was trying to make it into!

luka

you could see him champing at the bit. he didnt care what i said he just wanted to do that thing. i could see it coming as soon as i saw the thread title.

luka

surrender is to swoon, to sigh, to moan. will is to grunt with effort. to bark an order.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Bit harsh when 4chan and watmm exist.

Slight hyperbole - out of parts of the internet I'm familiar with, I mean. Obviously 4chan is the OG boys-club troll pit. No idea what watmm is.

Still, when was the last time we had a woman posting here with any regularity? Unless you're one yourself?

Last edited:

Benny Bunter

and to drag things back down to politics for a second, these things are coded as they are because 'surrender' (on the male side) and 'will' (on the female side) is a threat to masculine dominance

(apologies to everyone else having to witness a chimp being taught about feminism)

BY GEORGE I HOPE I'VE GOT IT!

See what you've done is responded to a boring question with a more interesting one. PRICK.

This is spot on, corpsey.

We need new words for what luka is talking about is the thing.

Benny Bunter

if you take a generic hardcore tune there are alternating periods of will and surrender in a beautifully crude way. a stomping period and a hands in the air period where the beat falls out.

Speaking very very generally here, but I guess a notable difference between hardcore & (the best) 2step is garage was deft at employing both simultaneously, in contrast to the crude switches of hardcore, at least the sort of tune you just described.

Not saying one approach is better than the other, but maybe garage tended to integrate the 2 extremes throughout the whole tune more.

sadmanbarty

politically correct one for john:

it defies gender expectations; she's boastful, she's the initiator, she's in charge, she's reactive to his need. i suspect it was written for a bloke, then they added 'guys' instead of girls when she got it. cassie's the sigourney weaver of rnb.

choons made by women (that happen to very neatly fit into luka's paradigm):

i'm ideologically opposed to cooly g, but this is gorgeous

luka

We need new words for what luka is talking about is the thing.

you can use any word under the sun. they are placeholders for two poles. i was just making a non-contentious point about how they have been labelled for thousands of years.

_fronts_N-0915-00-000037-WZ-PYR.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: sus

luka

if you use sex as a model will and surrender move back and forth across partners. it is not static.

luka

what is the straight line what is the curve?
why is Anna Livia Plurabelle a river?

• Love

luka

what is 'tone of voice'?
why can information be abstracted from tone of voice?

• Love

luka

what is the sound of an army marching in lockstep?
what is the sound of metal splintering bone?

• Love