CORP$EY

no mickey mouse ting

please someone who is not eden tell me what i am saying is in no way contentious/is so obvious it shouldnt need spelling out.

I think what eden might be missing is that you described the poles as being 'coded masculine/feminine' not as 'masculine/feminine'. I think eden thinks YOU'RE coding them (as in assigning them) masculine/feminine.

CORP$EY

no mickey mouse ting
Nah I deeply regret starting this thread

It's going to spiral and become a circle of hell

luka

it's a reactive response to terminology that prevents actually reading what's written. again, classic tea.

• Wow
Reactions: sus

luka

corpsey can you understand what i have written and apply it to your experience of listening. yes or no?

CORP$EY

no mickey mouse ting
I think you're suggesting that music allows people to experience or reconcile themselves to states of being that are socially coded as being 'inappropriate' to their gender (/sex).

In other words, music allows us to experience (ideally without shame) the full gamut of human experience and temporarily suspend our social identities.

CORP$EY

no mickey mouse ting
well aesthetically you're saying that if music is too much about the will or too much about surrender its as boring as a room full of blokey blokes or girly girls

luka

we experience all these things anyway. with or without music. it is the very fabric of existence. we are these feelings we are this movement across this terrain.

luka

i feel i should take an e right now and listen to hardcore and really do a phenomenological investigation for you lot.

• Love
Reactions: sus

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
instead of being mr tea why not plug the concept in and see what follows.

On the contrary, imagine the novel epistemic geographies that could be opened by a process of Becoming-Tea!

(BTW, has anyone got a good explanation for why this forum is easily the biggest sausage-fest in the history of the internet?)

CORP$EY

no mickey mouse ting
and to drag things back down to politics for a second, these things are coded as they are because 'surrender' (on the male side) and 'will' (on the female side) is a threat to masculine dominance

(apologies to everyone else having to witness a chimp being taught about feminism)

BY GEORGE I HOPE I'VE GOT IT!

See what you've done is responded to a boring question with a more interesting one. PRICK.

CORP$EY

no mickey mouse ting
Luka is a Jordan Peterson-esque superman who doesn't surrender to other peoples' thread ideas ;)