Poetry is Embodied Thought.
Poetry is Lived Thought
Poetry does not seek a Truth separate from and independent of the
Biochemical Moment.

Poetry is the truth of moments.
Poetry is the fully realised moment.
The moment in which Time
slows
to a standstill. The moment which contains eternity.

Consider how Nietzsche's thought plays between the poles of
Health & Sickness, Depression & Mania
and does not split the difference
but rather plumbs the depths of one and scales the heights
of the other, and extracts the teaching proper to each sphere.
Communes with the indigenous gods.

Each dimension has is own laws.

You have no identity beyond the play of forces.
the ever-shifting balance of power.

A FEW FACTS.
What is true in condition a, deflates, becomes comical
Under condition b. Is still true, but not here.
King at point a in gyre, fool at point b.
Don’t hold tongue, wait too long, and it won’t be true anymore,
Spit it out while it’s still hot. Act.
The words can become hollow when the sentence is still in the mouth,
Trail off, embarrassment.

luka

Zero clue what the fucks going on here but it's all very off putting!

tensions arise in groups but we are committed to working through it together. im sorry it's an ugly scene but we will come out the other side functioning more smoothly, better integrated and happier.

Last edited:

sadmanbarty

Zero clue what the fucks going on here but it's all very off putting!

probably best if the mods delete the thread entirely i think. no one found the drunk k-post funny and the hungover post the next day is too toxic; i was mildly exacerbated, there was no need for that level of hostility.

flows and blockages

)))))))):love:((((((((((

luka

i like this thread. it's just people expressing themselves openly and honestly. so long as it's contained here i dont see it as an issue.

luka

ultimately i'd like the issue resolved and not be allowed to fester. i like our group and i'd like to keep it together. if that's not possible then it's not possible. we've lost people before and carried on. that's the nature of groups. i think droid was brave to air his concerns openly and clearly he spoke for a lot of the other members too, particularly eden and leo and padraig, and in the light of that i will alter the way i use the forum. it was a useful corrective.

i have no interest in doing my thinking alone. for better or for worse i do it with (and against) you lot and have done for many years. i do beleive it operates as a cybernetic system and that the feedback we give each other is valuable. none of us are terribly bright and none of us are cutting edge but we give it a bash and we're sincere in our efforts and i like that.

sadmanbarty

"yeah im just impatient cos i want closure, like on oprah winfrey"

Luke Davis via email

oi you lot, luka's taken this all to heart and needs explicit affirmation from everyone that this is all resolved and it's all alright (just write 'no worries' to him).

so, sorry luka, droid, john and everyone else for being grumpy. i won't do any more dissensus when drinking or hungover. you guys did nothing to warrant my behaviour; i'm ashamed and embarrassed and would like it known that i don't feel any real animosity towards anyone. i was too proud and embarrassed to say this before. i like the way all our quirks amalgamate on here and don't want people to change. big, big sorry.

let luka know all's cool. dm him if all this man love's to embarrassing.

(this isn't one of our in jokes)

john eden

male pale and stale
Everything is cool by me.

I think people here should love this place, but not rely on it too much?

luka

i find it useful to think with other people. i dont beleive in thinking alone. it just spirals into sterility and solipsism.

luka

The City
By C. P. Cavafy
Translated by Edmund Keeley
You said: “I’ll go to another country, go to another shore,
find another city better than this one.
Whatever I try to do is fated to turn out wrong
and my heart lies buried like something dead.
How long can I let my mind moulder in this place?
Wherever I turn, wherever I look,
I see the black ruins of my life, here,
where I’ve spent so many years, wasted them, destroyed them totally.”

You won’t find a new country, won’t find another shore.
This city will always pursue you.
You’ll walk the same streets, grow old
in the same neighborhoods, turn gray in these same houses.
You’ll always end up in this city. Don’t hope for things elsewhere:
there’s no ship for you, there’s no road.
Now that you’ve wasted your life here, in this small corner,
you’ve destroyed it everywhere in the world. ))))))):love:(((((((

Leo

it's always been good, as far as i'm concerned. sometimes slightly less good than others, but pretty much good all around. i've learned about so much cool stuff here, had many a laugh, and i don't mind a few bum notes along the way. it's most interesting when it's improv versus structured and mannered. nothing else like it, no forum i'd rather be part of.

Last edited:

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
everything is also ag w/me, tbc

luka yr barrage approach can be v useful in provoking thought breakthroughs, + I generally appreciate your style, just got a bit much

(my sked rn, aside from usual time difference w/England, is more conducive to semi-regular posting than a lotta snappy back + forth, but you all should have at it)

also I do appreciate how both of you guys have tried to make a point to have thematically engaging threads beyond just glorified YT dumps

I think people here should love this place, but not rely on it too much?
agree 100%. tho having said that, I'm glad to see the issues being worked out. all the shared history.

now we just need to bring zhao + nomad (+ scottdisco) back into the fold

Last edited:

CORP$EY

no mickey mouse ting
for all their fine words, they're just a pair of vile trolls afaic and good riddance to the pair of them

luka

luka yr barrage approach can be v useful in provoking thought breakthroughs, + I generally appreciate your style, just got a bit much

you know what it is i just get really excited and i have to do it in real time, thought to thought as it comes.

luka

I do appreciate how both of you guys have tried to make a point to have thematically engaging threads beyond just glorified YT dumps
this is very important to us. you can use records to seal out the world, to create a cubby hole, a child-den of blankies to cosy up in, or as a kind of forcefield or fortress to keep the bad men out, and we all do that sometimes but you can also use music as a way to engage with the world. to investigate the social nexus musics are embedded in. how it is used by its audience. investigate what a record does in sonic terms. what it does to the body. what it describes and prescribes. how it interacts with brain and nervous system. how it creates its effects, emotions, visceral responses etc

and that way the discussion is opened out beyond record collector chatter. i like this one. have you got that one. etc. and it's maybe more fun and open-ended.

luka

my sked rn, aside from usual time difference w/England, is more conducive to semi-regular posting than a lotta snappy back + forth, but you all should have at it
#

i get this. in my experience posting essays kills conversation. i find it's a blunt instrument used to bash people over the head. also very few people want to work on that time scale. to have to carefully read through a long post and then draft and redraft a response. i think we can incorporate that kind of discussion but i cant see it being our meat and potatoes.

i try to model a conversation in the way i use the forum. to say what i think when it pops into my head and not sit on it. it's to do with my belief in flows and blockages. sometimes it would be better if i let the pressure build up before posting. to build up a head of steam as it were. so the argument has more heft.

i can also see that for people in other time zones etc who arent following the discussion in real time it can be like coming across the transcript of a pub debate the day after it happened. that it has a 'you had to be there' quality which doesnt always translate.

without the energy of the moment there's not always much left.