Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Russia Surrounded

Quote Originally Posted by droid View Post
    over 3 times the amount of bombs dropped (over Vietnam) than the entirety of WWII
    I seem to remember the number is vastly higher than this, more in the range of hundreds rather than three. All in all though it is hard to measure as the Vietnam war took place in at least three countries, and arguably started in the early 40's and ended in 1979. And to add to the litany of death, there were all the people that died of infection when the peasants were forced into internment camps as part of the strategic hamlet programme.

I think it might depend on the comparison used. If you look at just US WWII bombing it may well be hundreds of times, if you look at total tonnage in the entire war on all sides you get.

The Indochinese bombings amounted to 7,662,000 tons of explosives, compared to 2,150,000 tons in the world conflict.
    Which is staggering considering WWII bombing devastated several European countries, much of Russia, Japan and several Pacific, & South asian nations.

And to add to the litany of death, there were all the people that died of infection when the peasants were forced into internment camps as part of the strategic hamlet programme.
    Operation Phoenix alone involved the torture, mutilation and targeted killing of up to 100,000 people.

Quote Originally Posted by owengriffiths View Post
    Vietnam war took place in at least three countries, and arguably started in the early 40's and ended in 1979.
    A thing that everyone seems to have forgotten - the French glorious attempt to resurrect their colonial empire was the root of the Vietnam debacle.

I dont think theyve forgotten in Vietnam.

Regardless, the wars should have stopped after Dien Bien Phu.

Seems as if Corbyn has been somewhat vindicated on the nerve attack with Porton Down rolling back Boris' categorical claims that the agent was manufactured in Russia.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...ward-questions

I wonder whether someone at PD ever said it was "categorically" Russian or whether that was an on-the-fly embellishment by Bozzer.

Honestly, of all the people who could have been chosen to represent the country internationally in times like these, I mean FFS.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

100% behind Corbyn on the Skripal Poisoning (where's the proof it was Russia?) Could EASILY have been one of the agents he ratted on. Trump clearly aware he has been an ass by expulsing diplomats.

Quote Originally Posted by droid View Post
    Seems as if Corbyn has been somewhat vindicated on the nerve attack with Porton Down rolling back Boris' categorical claims that the agent was manufactured in Russia.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...ward-questions
    Corbyn literally THE ONLY sensible voice on Foreign Policy at the moment. It's not appeasement just blatantly obvious common sense.
    Last edited by Woebot; 17-04-2018 at 09:49 AM.

Well, the OPCW came out in agreement with the British govt, but there were some odd qualifiers.

I cant help but think of the IAEA and their investigation of suspected nuclear sites in Syria in 2007 which led to what seemed to be a politically doctored report. https://consortiumnews.com/2017/11/1...n-nuke-strike/ - particularly in light of the Libya WMD fantasy.

The lesson here (if we needed one) is that even ostensibly neutral agencies are subject to political interference.

Agreed on Corbyn, of course!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to luka For This Useful Post:

want to believe this but

Quote Originally Posted by Woebot View Post
    Corbyn literally THE ONLY sensible voice on Foreign Policy at the moment. It's not appeasement just blatantly obvious common sense.
    Ah yes, Corbyn's genius idea for determining whether Russia was responsible for the Skripal poisoning, which was to ask them if they done it.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Tea For This Useful Post: