LISTEN TO ME i did a radio show

sadmanbarty

Hi Barty, hope all’s good.

Just had another listen to Luke’s radio show. It’s all plodding along nicely and then BOOM! you know. That buccaneer track just blows everything wide open. Spiritually but on a guttural level. It reminds me of when I took acid to Mwandishi-era Herbie Hancock when I was spreading Techno to Africa. That level of intensity. Of all the pieces fitting together. The right place, the right time. NOW but in an infinite sense. So many new ideas rushing at me. Scrambling to connect the dots. A bit silly, I only just stopped the blog, but after hearing what you did with ‘Fade Away’ I’ll have to get it going again. A whole new paradigm to explore. Like an Albanian accordion player hearing a sea-shanty for the first time.

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it.

sadmanbarty

Hi, how are things?

I’ve been a bit despondent about music for… well, for a long time. Luke sent me that radio thing you two did together. Skimmed through it, all that noise shit I can’t get behind and then wow, that buccaneer track comes in- you know the enya one. A palpable excitement overwhelmed me in that moment. Like stealing metal box out the airing cupboard when the folks went out. secretly listening before christmas and this whole sound world engulfing me. Haven’t felt that way about music for… well, for a long time. I just wanted to say thank you. It’s like having a new lease on life. That one spark, that one moment that changes the way you’ll live the rest of your life, that changes history.

Sorry I’m rambling, just a bit lost for words,

All the best,

Si

Yeah all’s good. pleased you liked the show.

luka

thanks for rescuing the show and providing everyones favourite moment barty. id be lost without you. ))))))):love:(((((((

luka

ive been telling him... you know what people are like though
they dont always do what you tell them to do.
it's why life is so difficult

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
idea for a twilight zone

protagonist who gets everything he/she wants with no resistance and never stops wanting something less

luka

this is me playing very very serious jazz music
(actually just imprivising poems while that lot made thier scrapings and
whistlings and bangings and mooings. but you can hear my typewriter clacking away)

Leo

proper chin-stroking session there, how'd you get connected with them? a result of all those nights hanging out at pizza express? interesting stuff.

that's you speaking, huh? your voice is somehow different from what I imagined...not that I ever actually stopped to think about what anyone here's voice might sound like. not better or worse, just different. always loved how a person's voice sounds different to them than it does to others, all about hearing it from inside your own head versus outside. lots of people dislike the sound of their own voice when they hear it on a recording, don't they?

bored on a Saturday morning, obviously.

Last edited:

luka

proper chin-stroking session there, how'd you get connected with them? a result of all those nights hanging out at pizza express? interesting stuff.

that's you speaking, huh? your voice is somehow different from what I imagined...not that I ever actually stopped to think about what anyone here's voice might sound like. not better or worse, just different. always loved how a person's voice sounds different to them than it does to others, all about hearing it from inside your own head versus outside. lots of people dislike the sound of their own voice when they hear it on a recording, don't they?

bored on a Saturday morning, obviously.

OF COURSE ITS NOT ME SPEAKING!!! DEAR GOD!!!!!

luka

its ben watson author of the negative dialectics of poodle play
speaking. im just tapping away on my typewriter

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
me and barty joined up with ach! to do a radio show the other day
i couldnt mention it here before cos we were all fighting
but im very proud of it and i hope some of you might like it.

i tried to make it an event, not just a modest, oh we're just
a few ordinary blokes sitting around, playing a few tunes
i wanted to present an idea and a set of energies.

you might hate it but i really love it.

anyway its had 98 listens and i wont be officially famous till it gets over 100
so i do really need your help and cooperation so i can realise my dreams. thank you.
))))))):love:(((((((
decided my new hobby is walking and i had this on last sunday walking through the city and wanted to ask you what is the name of the jungle track starting at around 12:30 with the kraftwerk(?) sample and the voice going "and it's gonna be alright"

luka

I was looking for this on YouTube the other day but I couldn't find it. I remember it being called the legacy and it being by noise of art.if you find it put it here.

I quoted it in the book I still need to send you (but ran out of and need to get another print run done when I get the £££ together)

luka

I'm glad you listened to it. I listen to it fairly regularly. I like walking around the city pupils like huge black holes listening to it. There's a few moments that really get me going, like the pygmys and that Indian one for instance.