Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LISTEN TO ME i did a radio show

Default LISTEN TO ME i did a radio show

me and barty joined up with ach! to do a radio show the other day
    i couldnt mention it here before cos we were all fighting
    but im very proud of it and i hope some of you might like it.

i tried to make it an event, not just a modest, oh we're just
    a few ordinary blokes sitting around, playing a few tunes
    i wanted to present an idea and a set of energies.

you might hate it but i really love it.

https://www.mixcloud.com/199Radio/16...sto-entourage/

anyway its had 98 listens and i wont be officially famous till it gets over 100
    so i do really need your help and cooperation so i can realise my dreams. thank you.
    )))))))(((((((

2. The Following User Says Thank You to luka For This Useful Post:

It's on 105 listens now, but one of those is me looking at the page with the sound turned off at work.

Quote Originally Posted by john eden View Post
    It's on 105 listens now, but one of those is me looking at the page with the sound turned off at work.
    thanks john i appreciate it. i encourage listening with the sound off. maybe multiple devices playing it, all with the sound off.
    im have to win the numbers game.

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    thanks john i appreciate it. i encourage listening with the sound off. maybe multiple devices playing it, all with the sound off.
    im have to win the numbers game.
    Having seen the BBC4 documentary about minimalist music I think it would also be good if people could play it on different devices at the same time but slightly out of phase.

It's actually surprisingly easy to end up in mixcloud charts, so you should aim for that. I've been in the reggae top 20 a couple of times on there which has generated much hilarity among people who know me.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to john eden For This Useful Post:

i found this show to be genuinely inspiring. im actually quite flabbergasted. while listening in something seemed to shift in my head. when Bobby said "You are Now Inside the Pink Temple" I entered into an 'altered state of consciousness' and much that had previously been obscure came into sudden, jewel-like clarity. all i can say is thank you boys, thank you so very, very much
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Tea For This Useful Post:

'your' words mean a great deal to me Mr. Tea. thank you.

I did actually enjoy it (bar the r'n'b), as I said. I liked the shout-outs and big-ups and I'll even let you off the fact that it's another six months till International Talk Like A Pirate Day.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

50 mins in, very good so far.

)))))))(((((((

the self is not centred in the brainbox it is a distributed cybernetic system of maximal information and communication, feedback loops and bliss accelerators

listening to this again now fucking love it spot on pitch perfect iconic

You are now inside, the pink temple
    sounds of the miracle invasion, in your ear drum! vibrations of the tympanic membrane , and the message carried in the vibrational matrix, , breath in and breath out
    deep meditation therapy
    please do remember
    in breath is will the out breath, surrender
    to leap into faith
    is always
    to fall
    into darkness

craner loves it too.

hes guna have a little drinky tonite and blast it out
    happy birthday bruvva!

that tangerine dream tune at the start is the bollocks

then that underground resistance is so heavy so much happiness
    Last edited by luka; 15-03-2018 at 07:08 PM.

I have been listening to this morning - for what it is worth (after all i dont think I'm probably its target audience) I really like it. the early shout outs made me laugh but then later the stuff you have been discussing in 'This and That' actually articulated are quite affecting - it is a antidote to easy caught cynicism that is prevalent at present.

Quote Originally Posted by jenks View Post
    I have been listening to this morning - for what it is worth (after all i dont think I'm probably its target audience) I really like it. the early shout outs made me laugh but then later the stuff you have been discussing in 'This and That' actually articulated are quite affecting - it is a antidote to easy caught cynicism that is prevalent at present.
    thanks very much jenks. i dont think youre not the target audience. there isnt a target audience. it's designed to throw everyone off balance. but reagardless of that youve caught the intent behind it better than anyone whos got back to me about it so far. it's a screed against cynicism and detachment as much as anything else.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to luka For This Useful Post:

i had a listen to this yesterday, albeit at work. enjoyed the tension and release in the mix and thought as a coceptual holistic mix worked very well. some of the shout outs early on had me laughing to myself and the deeper messages later on worked well. i was was waiting for BB to say something towards the end but was left in limbo (- i may have missed it as I at work with interuptions). maybe that was done was part of the plan. i do have a question which i will post in the music thread...