recommend something hard, machinic, rhythmic and psychedelic

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
like guy called gerald's nazinji zaka crossed with dark magus era miles crossed with Fela's Alu Jon Jonki Jon and that lightning bolt drummer Brian Chippendale.

give me yer best bdsm death noise funk.

luka

i dont think ive ever been asked a more difficult question.
reckon the older lot might have some answers. leo and padraig in particular.

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
do you want 4th world death funk, or breakcore but if it was good?

the first I can definitely do, esp if 23 Skidoo is a jumping off point. the 2nd doesn't exist in this timeline of human reality.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
was talking to my mate about metal a few weeks ago. he asked if there was ragga metal. i just shrugged. i couldn't bring myself to say skindred lmao.

funk metal. what a travesty that was lol.

i want to be fucked by sound like that misterzlone dude said. actually there might be some hipster black metal but im so out of touch with that scene.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
do you want 4th world death funk, or breakcore but if it was good?

the first I can definitely do, esp if 23 Skidoo is a jumping off point. the 2nd doesn't exist in this timeline of human reality.

The first.

Ah lol breakcore. that takes me back. hardly listen to any of it now. some praxis and gabba leaning stuff like dj scud. thats it.

padraig (u.s.)

alrite. I'll post some things + you tell me if I'm getting hotter/colder.

the real challenge is to nail everything in one, the darkness with the funk with the machinic

that crazy Igor Wakhevitch record I posted in some other thread is best unifying example I can think of

then this. not really dark but ticks off all the other boxes. definitely for brown boys, among others.

padraig (u.s.)

not machinic, but still, the kind of thing you can imagine 23 Skidoo sampling/being inspired by (besides gamelan I mean)

padraig (u.s.)

hey question to those who'd know - is there a reason I can only have 1 vid per post? bit irritating at times like this

padraig (u.s.)

I'd like to put more actual African music but I can't think of any that's dark in the way you mean

gods know a Nigerian Bauhaus or whatever would've been the fucking sickest thing ever

padraig (u.s.)

there's probably some relevant L.I.E.S. etc bits, or maybe some Ancient Methods edits. or DJ Sotofett etc tho idk how dark or machinic those dudes get.

padraig (u.s.)

Japanese noisecore is philosophically/aesthetically on a kinda 4th world gabber thing.
see also Kuro, Gai, State Children