Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: recommend something hard, machinic, rhythmic and psychedelic

Just discovered this, bloody awesome:

Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Tea For This Useful Post:

Leo

i like this a lot. they couldve milked that sound for a couple more records at least

A Youtube odyssee brought me to this. This thread could have been made for it, I think. Hard, trance-ish, mesmeric ethno-acid, though apparently they're actually Danish.

Last edited by Mr. Tea; 21-04-2018 at 09:45 PM.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

First of Earthly Delights comes from Rotterdam-based collective Yr Kultura. Odyssey EP is a record inspired by the trios travels, bringing together a variety of sounds from across the globe. The EPs title is wholly appropriate as Yr Kultura take you on an adventure covering a soundscape that travels from West Africa all the way to India.
    am i the only one who really, really hates press releases like this? reminds me too much of hippies.

Quote Originally Posted by m99188868 View Post
    yeah nkisi was the thing i immediately thought of

other things from last year:

Ariwo - To Earth, might not be dark enough, but I feel like it fits

Nihiloxica - Nilo Chug, basically (to my ears) a tribal/organic version of Prince of Denmark's phenomenal "Latenightjam"
    Last edited by claphands; 22-04-2018 at 05:58 AM. Reason: fixed a song title

Wonky cologne darkcore from 93. the hardcore end of that scene just keeps giving some seriously evil acid to go absolutely nuts to.

Quote Originally Posted by thirdform View Post
    am i the only one who really, really hates press releases like this? reminds me too much of hippies.
    Almost certainly not, but fuck it, a tune is a tune.

one of those total wtf records. made by Indo-Trinidadians (I think) so raga, soca, etc but really indescribable. just listen to it. btw flip side isn't really hard but maybe even better.

apparently these dudes are way wilder live, which sounds intense cos this is already hard as nails

kinda like if young Drexciya went back in time + made a 130sish bpm mid-80s boogie one-off

btw I appreciate people putting up all that slow-midtempo tribal, ethno (made by Europeans) stuff above but man it all kinda smacks of mid-90s ethnic ambient don't it

Banco de Gaia + that. which I'm sure is due for a critical reappraisal, which I will wholeheartedly disagree with cos it all totally sucks, but ymmv.

or like a shittier Hardfloor, specifically the famous Yeke Yeke remix, but w/modern production technology + techniques

tbf I did like that Tapan track quite a bit. there's a fine ymmv line between creolized 4th world awesomeness + cringe ethno dub whatever.

(sidenote: I really loathe "tribal" "ethnic" etc as adjectives but unfortunately they're a v well understood shorthand w/o clear alternatives)

Quote Originally Posted by padraig (u.s.) View Post
    btw I appreciate people putting up all that slow-midtempo tribal, ethno (made by Europeans) stuff above but man it all kinda smacks of mid-90s ethnic ambient don't it

Banco de Gaia + that. which I'm sure is due for a critical reappraisal, which I will wholeheartedly disagree with cos it all totally sucks, but ymmv.

or like a shittier Hardfloor, specifically the famous Yeke Yeke remix, but w/modern production technology + techniques

tbf I did like that Tapan track quite a bit. there's a fine ymmv line between creolized 4th world awesomeness + cringe ethno dub whatever.

(sidenote: I really loathe "tribal" "ethnic" etc as adjectives but unfortunately they're a v well understood shorthand w/o clear alternatives)

the day those feed your head comps or children of the bong gets a critical reappraisal I will officially stop listening to music tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by bassbeyondreason View Post
    On L.I.E.S.:

always loved that tune, and in what seems to me to be a similar vein:

This is pretty amazing. Saw this guy (Jaumet, I mean) live a couple of years ago. He also performs as a band with Zombie Zombie. The original is great but this is just next-level:

Quote Originally Posted by padraig (u.s.) View Post
    Agreed on both points here, even if I used one of them in a post earlier - it sucks as terminology but does sort of get the point across.