recommend something hard, machinic, rhythmic and psychedelic

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Maybe these are two slow to count as 'hard', I dunno, but I think they fit the bill otherwise.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Dammit, how come some people are like Dissensus superusers or something can post more than video per post?

Leo

you can post multiple videos if you just paste the youtube link right into the body of the post, don't use the thingy up there ^^.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
you can post multiple videos if you just paste the youtube link right into the body of the post, don't use the thingy up there ^^.

I never use the thingy! Nevermind. But listen to the tunes - these guys are playing near me later in the month, severely tempted.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
A Youtube odyssee brought me to this. This thread could have been made for it, I think. Hard, trance-ish, mesmeric ethno-acid, though apparently they're actually Danish.

Last edited:

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
First of Earthly Delights comes from Rotterdam-based collective Yør Kultura. Odyssey EP is a record inspired by the trio’s travels, bringing together a variety of sounds from across the globe. The EP’s title is wholly appropriate as Yør Kultura take you on an adventure covering a soundscape that travels from West Africa all the way to India.

am i the only one who really, really hates press releases like this? reminds me too much of hippies.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Wonky cologne darkcore from 93. the hardcore end of that scene just keeps giving some seriously evil acid to go absolutely nuts to.

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
one of those total wtf records. made by Indo-Trinidadians (I think) so raga, soca, etc but really indescribable. just listen to it. btw flip side isn't really hard but maybe even better.

apparently these dudes are way wilder live, which sounds intense cos this is already hard as nails

kinda like if young Drexciya went back in time + made a 130sish bpm mid-80s boogie one-off

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
btw I appreciate people putting up all that slow-midtempo tribal, ethno (made by Europeans) stuff above but man it all kinda smacks of mid-90s ethnic ambient don't it

Banco de Gaia + that. which I'm sure is due for a critical reappraisal, which I will wholeheartedly disagree with cos it all totally sucks, but ymmv.

or like a shittier Hardfloor, specifically the famous Yeke Yeke remix, but w/modern production technology + techniques

tbf I did like that Tapan track quite a bit. there's a fine ymmv line between creolized 4th world awesomeness + cringe ethno dub whatever.

(sidenote: I really loathe "tribal" "ethnic" etc as adjectives but unfortunately they're a v well understood shorthand w/o clear alternatives)

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
btw I appreciate people putting up all that slow-midtempo tribal, ethno (made by Europeans) stuff above but man it all kinda smacks of mid-90s ethnic ambient don't it

Banco de Gaia + that. which I'm sure is due for a critical reappraisal, which I will wholeheartedly disagree with cos it all totally sucks, but ymmv.

or like a shittier Hardfloor, specifically the famous Yeke Yeke remix, but w/modern production technology + techniques

tbf I did like that Tapan track quite a bit. there's a fine ymmv line between creolized 4th world awesomeness + cringe ethno dub whatever.

(sidenote: I really loathe "tribal" "ethnic" etc as adjectives but unfortunately they're a v well understood shorthand w/o clear alternatives)

the day those feed your head comps or children of the bong gets a critical reappraisal I will officially stop listening to music tbh.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
This is pretty amazing. Saw this guy (Jaumet, I mean) live a couple of years ago. He also performs as a band with Zombie Zombie. The original is great but this is just next-level:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps

Agreed on both points here, even if I used one of them in a post earlier - it sucks as terminology but does sort of get the point across.

bassbeyondreason

Chtonic Fatigue Syndrome
Recorded this (all-vinyl, poorly mixed) set with this thread in mind, some stuff already mentioned and some that might appeal:

Tracklist:
Semar Pegulingan Orchestra - Sumeradas
Simon O'Guinye - Da O'Guinye Chant
Pinch ft. Riko - Screamer (33 RPM)
Kode 9 - Too Far Gone (33 RPM)
Lutto Lento - Gyal a Devil
Formally Unknown - Tribalz
Imaabs - Disyuncion
Владимир Петровский - Наваждение
Kenosist - Untitled Dubplate
Northern Powerhouse - Kes Fingers
Hieroglyphic Being - This Is 4 The Rave Bangers
Andrei Morant ‎- Am Tools 2
Lai Siu-Hong Et Lu Pei-Yuen - Ti-tse Et P'i-P'a
Mark One - Hoovers and Spraycans
2 Kilos - Down the Farm
DJ Khalab - Zaire
Konono No 1 - Lufuala Ndonga
Boyd McCoy - Shop Talk
Potliquor - Toballby
Max B - Bananaticoco
Matchez - Out to Lunch
Bookworms - African Rhythms
Steffi Grafs Innere Ruhe - Gute Freizeit
LOFT - Heffalump
DJ Dexter And Rub-A-Dub ‎- The Death Cry
Diverse Artz - The End
Eardrum - Trickster Tale
2/5 BZ - No Turistik No Egzotik (33 RPM)
African Black - Nzango
Bernard Bonnier - Le Grinçant Mr. Smile
Spooky - Digital Readout
Innsyter - Coffin Time
Lancelot Layne - Chant
Kenneth V Jones - Serpentine Dances
Kindred Spirit - Inner Languages Act 2
Perfect 10 - Slave Me (Underground Mix)
Ralph and the Brave Advisors - Phone Beyond Toll
Johnny Gilliam - Room Full of Tears