Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Buildings where you think you're in VR

Been around there many times

It's a horrible excuse for a park

The swimming pool is a cool design

I actually like stratford - all those skyscrapers jutting out against the skyline

I like to walk around there stoned imagining I'm in the nascent stage of blade runner

Quote Originally Posted by CORP$EY View Post

I actually like stratford - all those skyscrapers jutting out against the skyline

I like to walk around there stoned imagining I'm in the nascent stage of blade runner
    stratford is the future. do you know the old shopping centre? where teenagers on rollerblades leap over the sleeping bodies of homeless Romanians? there's nowhere remotely as futurisitc as stratford.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to luka For This Useful Post:

i cant go there without feeling very sad/angry/cheated because theyve disappeared my whole childhood under that olympic site.

Quote Originally Posted by CORP$EY View Post

the most disorientating thing is that they have their own android population of very young, wealthy, physically attractive residents from a clone lab somewhere. playing table tennis shirtless, muscles rippling, baseball caps on backwards, high-5ing each other. who are these people?

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    that specific visual form of interface with the computer. there's no tactility there. so you have buildings made on computers, aspiring to the condition of computer-space. that's why i keep saying london is dematerialising. it's why i wrote a poem called the materials about materials before there are no materials!
    OK so what of this in melbs and this nonsense in london victoria (it's crap design features are a bit "subtle")?
    overlaying images on the structural designs that likely would not have been doable without a lot of manual drafting, but made some nice and groovy visual effect with just a moment of clicky clck
    Not sure if those are CAD trying to soften or humanise itself with a sort of sense of humour or history perhaps, or ...?

makes a much better job of having a bit of a laugh, while still being too boggling to have existed without electronic visualisation

sports shoes, mobile phones and motor vehicles are all melting into a single nasty design strategy as implemented in every direction from old st roundabout omphalos

OK so what of this in melbs and this nonsense in london victoria (it's crap design features are a bit "subtle")?
    overlaying images on the structural designs that likely would not have been doable without a lot of manual drafting, but made some nice and groovy visual effect with just a moment of clicky clck
    Not sure if those are CAD trying to soften or humanise itself with a sort of sense of humour or history perhaps, or ...?
    yes. ive picked out a strand and emphasised it (sleek, frictionless, opaque, monochrome or primary colours) but it leaves things out. some of those things are botches and half-measures and not worth thinking about (drum and bass with real instruments)
    but youve pointed to something which is worth poking and prodding at.

things that only become feasible (in terms of the maths etc) with computers. a lot of starchtiect stuff. zaha hadid etc

corpsey are you just posting fantasy art from the 1970s now? cover art of pulped sci-fi novels?

yes

the thing is alot of these ultra modern buildings look like the jetsons

There's some good ones in here

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    stratford is the future. do you know the old shopping centre? where teenagers on rollerblades leap over the sleeping bodies of homeless Romanians? there's nowhere remotely as futurisitc as stratford.
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...hopping-centre Tuesday night someone's future truncated

the CAD fish shapes outside that box, trying to live up to westfield