Buildings where you think you're in VR

luka

corpsey are you just posting fantasy art from the 1970s now? cover art of pulped sci-fi novels?

CORP$EY

no mickey mouse ting
the thing is alot of these ultra modern buildings look like the jetsons

jetsons-mansion.jpeg

luka

the thing is alot of these ultra modern buildings look like the jetsons

jetsons-mansion.jpeg

stuff not a million miles from this was being built in the LA hills at roughly the same time as the Jetsons was being made. the stilts. the long glass frontages etc.

CORP$EY

no mickey mouse ting
has anyone seen Big Hero 6?

I think buildings will be built by micro robots soon and there will be almost no limit to what they can do

they'll produce the material they build from as they build

i'm going to live in a house that's a giant replica of luka's head

luka

someone's future truncated

well this is partly what i was alluding to. the refusal of responsibility. the breakaway civilization. the atlantis of ayn rand. the city of quartz. a classic picture of the future.

sufi

lala
has anyone seen Big Hero 6?

I think buildings will be built by micro robots soon and there will be almost no limit to what they can do

they'll produce the material they build from as they build

si, a generous dollop of futuro-visionary corporate urbanist bollocks on that movie https://gizmodo.com/a-tour-of-san-fransokyo-the-hybrid-city-disney-built-f-1642066794
d7vv2k1sxvplse8iokot.jpg

The new movie Big Hero 6 represents the first-ever partnership between Marvel and Disney, two entities known for constructing fantastical universes. So it's not surprising that bringing the story to film also required building an entire city of the future: a blend of Tokyo and San Francisco named San Fransokyo.
i'm going to live in a house that's a giant replica of luka's head
isnt all of this just that?

sufi

lala
check back my first post -
6133167721_1e1ce82dd4_b.jpg

Temple Works Leeds
Temple Works Leeds - once upon a time the biggest engineered space in the world,
9118635814_26976130d4_b.jpg

but all constructed well before the electronic era,
Slide3-e1426154548186.jpg
now feels like a first person shooter with layers of CGI techno-grime emulating an authentic feeling of agedness in this building which itself was a revival of ancient egyptian styling on modernist materials (cast iron :crylarf:)
Slide1.jpg

IdleRich

IdleRich
That Jetsons' one reminds me of the Pierre Cardin house although it's not on stilts...
I wanna share pictures but it keeps saying "invalid file" - what's up?