House tunes that UK funky showed us were not boring

Benny Bunter

good selections corpsey & great idea for a thread, was thinking of starting something similar myself.

A few more off the top of my head that got played a lot at the time

which mad one sampled for this

Leo

to each his own, i supposed, but to imply that house music was "boring" until uk funky "showed" it to be otherwise is a bit presumptuous. i mean, which one of those genres has lasted 40+ years and which one flamed out in about two?

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
It was more a reference to Marcus saying 'its not boring!' on the famous Rinse show.

Actually I think funky was great because it was housey as well as grimey. It never needed to go super dark/grimey like some people wanted, at least not without the balance.

Thanks Benny, I knew you'd help out here.

Benny Bunter

It was more a reference to Marcus saying 'its not boring!' on the famous Rinse show.

Actually I think funky was great because it was housey as well as grimey. It never needed to go super dark/grimey like some people wanted, at least not without the balance.

Thanks Benny, I knew you'd help out here.

Reckon this tune was pretty influential early on in uk funky, as grimey as any of the uk stuff - lil silva did a remake of it I think.

Benny Bunter

This was a staple of all the live fm djs at the time,especially petchy on his more housey wicked on a Wednesday shows