thirdform

pass the sick bucket
nice and trancey. hitting that nostalgia button much more than kuido or whoever, who i have always found so un-psychedelic and brent cross-y.

Last edited:

mvuent

Void Dweller
imo yes!

was listening to early aphex around when the first set was on, and it reminded me of what third was saying in his list. that they grew up around black music in a way that aphex didn't. to me the new 89-93 material supports that idea. shows how autechre had a much better grasp of techno and electro rhythms at this point. (and now, but that's beside the point.) stuff like this, as much as I like it, sounds a bit clumsily executed rhythmically by comparison:

Last edited:

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
big black music scene in manchester in the 80s innit. stu allen was one of the first ones to play acid house. then he obviously went into playing hardcore for a while in 92.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
i need to go for a shit and drink my coffee on the bog whilst shitting but briefly i was expecting incunabula vibes and i got them. nothing more really, just high tech dreams with some lush acidic vibes and those proto-trance overtones of incunabula, but without of course being *the trance genre.*

if they made this stuff in 2019 it would be horrifying, given the schoenberg/coltrane like trajectory they are ploughing - unrivled amirite, but as a snapshot of some nostalgia it was well played from the boys imo.

chava

imo yes!

was listening to early aphex around when the first set was on, and it reminded me of what third was saying in his list. that they grew up around black music in a way that aphex didn't. to me the new 89-93 material supports that idea. shows how autechre had a much better grasp of techno and electro rhythms at this point. (and now, but that's beside the point.) stuff like this, as much as I like it, sounds a bit clumsily executed rhythmically by comparison:

It is exactly this clumsiness/naivité that sets Aphew clearly above Autechre, who are merely hucksters of sentimental show off algo-noodling. Whether they are influenced by black music is missing the point.