version

Apparently they're doing one of their infamously long radio things this month, four two hour shows throughout April. I'm assuming this means that there's new material on the way.

craner

Beast of Burden
I got a bit fed up of these guys when they dismissed something as lovely as this as being too "cheesy":

They made something sublime and then shat all over it.

I think the best album they did after 'Amber' was 'LP5' which I still treasure on vinyl: the best mix of architeructal chaos and addictive genre melody. Most of the rest I can totally leave.

version

Dunno if anyone's been paying attention or is interested, but the four NTS shows are all new material that will be released as a package once the residency's finished. It's effectively an eight hour album, or four two hour albums. Each session is also left looping on the NTS site until the following one airs. Interesting way of presenting it.

Last edited:

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Dunno if anyone's been paying attention or is interested, but the four NTS shows are all new material that will be released as a package once the residency's finished. It's effectively an eight hour album, or four two hour albums. Each session is also left looping on the NTS site until the following one airs. Interesting way of presenting it.

https://www.nts.live/projects/autechre-nts-residency/

listening to the latest one, straight into the patches. let's gooo.

matt b

Indexing all opinion
This week's (NTS 2) is amazing and highly recommended for those who think Autechre are all about hypercomplex beats /machine music blah blah.

Lots of clever references to the last 10+ years of dance music. A bit more ambient in places. Great stuff

Craner: NTS 1 had an artificial intelligence style track updated for 2018 in the last third, which was great. They haven't dismissed it. More like mangled it.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
had to get on the purchase this is some of their best music this decade. totally into l3 ctrl off the first session today.

droid

A sit down concert in the National Concert Hall!!!

DcqbPaUXUAAbqL8.jpg

droid

Not only is this a sit down concert in a classical venue, it will also be in the pitch darkness. Got tickets today.

droid

If they play in the UK get a ticket. They are light years ahead of everything else in electronic music. Amazing mix of sound design, avant experimentalism, improvisation and groove. Like Coltrane x Schoenberg x dissonant end times cult black hole orgy.