Croww

catalog

For my admittedly small amount of money, one of the best of the new producers in Manchester.

See "prosthetics" via Death of Rave, where he's dun summit funny with slipknot and also this NTS set

i'd suggest listening in a cold dark car garage or similar, very lous, with some 16A strobes and a lot of smoke.

catalog

Really good croww mix sandwiched into this 2016 boomkat show, from about 40 mins or so to 1 hour 30.

Kinda classic type set that he used to play at the white hotel a lot, his own tune from prosthetics with that immortal line (from quartermass?) "they're doing something rather curious with parts of their bodies, that we don't seem to fully understand" but with all the overlaid noise and machines.

And then a couple slabs of detourned hip hop. You can't say it's chopped and screwed, more chewed up and spat out.

And then some cheesy trance to end things, but pitched up and somehow rendered into something totally ethereal and beautiful

There's also (at about 27 mins) a really good spoken word segment, connected to recent discussions in the nature thread, regarding "radiating bliss".

Some guys having a conversation about the power of waterfalls and fountains.

The idea that splashing water releases negative ions in the air, which makes you high.

The guy is saying that whatever you send out collects more reverb of the same and then it bounces back to you. So if you send out anger, it picks more up and comes back to you. If you radiate love, it makes more etc. Basic karma I suppose.

Top set all round.

catalog

pictured here with conor thomas on the left

f6af-0d0a-459b-b7e5-517fed3a2f2f