Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: The only music worth its salt is psychedelic..

woe's right. i've always called it 'orgasm music', but that's just cos i'm a wrongun. 'psychadelic' gives it a bit more scope.

there are two archetypal psychadelias. the womb and orgasm; cognitive obliteration through tranquility and through over stimulation respectively.

orgasm:

womb:

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sadmanbarty For This Useful Post:

clever little cunt isn't he

Quote Originally Posted by sadmanbarty View Post
    there are two archetypal psychadelias. the womb and orgasm; cognitive obliteration through tranquility and through over stimulation respectively.

orgasm:

womb:
    I think there's a third one that you missed: death.

Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Tea For This Useful Post:

and

Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

(plus 'The Visitation' from the same album)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Corpsey For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Corpsey View Post
    wtf thats amazing why didnt you play that to me earlier

Someone showed me it today

Saw Kode 9 clear a dancefloor with footwork the other night. Wasn't a well timed booking. Anyway, from my POV it works better as head music than body music. Unless you can dance liked those Chicago guys.

You know, it sounds not entirely unlike some of our yyaldrin's stuff.

Lots of interesting thoughts in here, and I've not much to add really, thanks to the posters tho!

It seems a shame that psytrance music is what it is because I love the idea of it. The intersection of acid/techno/Goa/trance in the early 90s had some real gems tho

This tune to me is incredible dance music and also totally psychedelic, the second drop at 2:10 in particular

This one by Robert Leiner is pretty incredible too.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=261s&v=Bxwu-6hwHT8

Call super and dorisburg are a couple of current producers who give me similar feelings to the Robert Leiner one above although they feel more reserved, perhaps more on the womby end of the spectrum.

Would love to hear any more tunes like the ones above if anyone knows some..

Quote Originally Posted by sadmanbarty View Post
    uk drill is revolutionary because it uses the rhythmic language of orgasm music to create womb music. despite itís rhythmic complexity itís sedated, lethargic and disembodied- psychedelically so. it woudln't sound out of place on driod's show amongst the daniel lanois and silky irish timbres.