The only music worth its salt is psychedelic..

luka

http://www.paratheatrical.com/pages/talkingraven/INTOXICATION.html
FIFTH CIRCUIT: SOMATIC-HEDONIC TRANCE

Disconnected from the previous goals and survival concerns of Circuits 1-4, this center is the opening of the five senses as the chief source of all life and relevant information. Being Here Now. The natural sensory rhythms and impulses of the body uncensored by mental, emotional or moral intervention. The hedonic needs for rapture, bliss and ecstatic experience. The post-survival quest for nirvana. When frustrated, the despair and spiritual discontent of "entrapment in the corporeal world of survival issues." When over-emphasized, excessive hedonism becomes debauch, dispersion and disintegration of personal integrity and concentration, ie., "spaced out bliss ninnies." Ecstacy Junkies. When hedonic needs are met, a state of charismatic magnetism infuse the personality, as seen with some rock stars, film celebrities and performing artists. HEDONIC CATALYSTS: Empathogens (MDMA, etc.). cannabis, opium, hashish, lower doses of psilocybin, Tantric and Hatha yoga, listening to music (subjective assessment), sex magick, performing live dance and live theatre, Sufi whirling dervishes, ecstatic pagan rituals, falling in love, endorphin rushes from "second wind" states (long distance running and working out), verbal fasting (mandatory silence), zen meditation. OVERDOSE SYMPTOMS: "Spaciness." Loss of meaningful connection with "consensus reality" sometimes showing poor time management and an oblivion to the emotions, thoughts and ethics of others. Time/spatial disorientation and distortions. Difficulty articulating, ie., "Like, wow, man..."

me and Mark fell out over this circuit after he hacked the 7th. the garden of delights can morph into a cesspool (and the 6th and 7th free us from this mire )but neednt be one. you certainly cant burn the whole thing to the ground. it unbalances the BwO.

luka

Originally Posted by firefinga View Post
My memory is blurry, but weren't PM Dawn, De La soul and most definitely Arrested Development some sort of Hip hop Hippies? Or at least that was theirsales pitch.

Well there's a whole side of hip-hop that's all about the Afrocentric mysticism - I'm thinking of that Killah Priest guy that craner loves so much - which is very psychedelic but I think also quite far removed from (stereotypical white) hippiedom.

bruno

est malade
thanks for this bruno. going to look at this in detail.

not sure it actually feels psychedelic in some ways but this guy has a definite agenda
http://www.factmag.com/2016/11/30/spencer-clark-world-of-shells-interview/

i suppose the truth is that sometimes the most unlikely things that contain that spark of cosmic insight
i think there has to be some will to trance/altered states and results in that direction, otherwise everything is psychedelic to some degree and the word loses meaning. a television-induced trance would make for a sinister psychedelia, hardly expansive. but then ecstatic experience can be harrowing, there is dark and light, so there is a place for both.

re: cl, below are some links that may serve as a starting point (as good a good place to start as any).

https://soundcloud.com/etcsrecords
https://soundcloud.com/bymrecords (the older the post the better)
https://soundcloud.com/cosmovisionregistros/

luka

the only drug ive come across that is perfectly ready and willing to give you a massive bollocking with no fun at all-
massive dressing down about how you better pull yourself together and get serious. it will rub your nose in your
own pool of piss until you learn. you can see that's what's happening to poor old Jack here.

luka

J3NNN4
J3NNN4
5 months ago
I feel so sorry for the new "psychedelic music" fans that never tasted the older psytrance. It's like you are listening to mumble rap compared with tupac/biggie/public enemy. Damn, when I was 17 exploring with artists like Azax Syndrom, Digital Talk, Menog.. I thought the minds of the majority would soon be like mine and everything would be crystal clear one day... Today all I see is dumbing down of people in every aspect possible, even the psytrance scene :((((

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
J3NNN4
J3NNN4
5 months ago
I feel so sorry for the new "psychedelic music" fans that never tasted the older psytrance. It's like you are listening to mumble rap compared with tupac/biggie/public enemy. Damn, when I was 17 exploring with artists like Azax Syndrom, Digital Talk, Menog.. I thought the minds of the majority would soon be like mine and everything would be crystal clear one day... Today all I see is dumbing down of people in every aspect possible, even the psytrance scene :((((

I went to Escape From Samsara once at The Fridge, in its Crowleyian heyday. I thought I'd enjoy it. I stood there for an hour with a huuuuuge black cloud over my head and a guy came up to me and said "You OK m8? You look like you're having a bad trip". Wasn't me that was having the bad trip.

sadmanbarty

woe's right. i've always called it 'orgasm music', but that's just cos i'm a wrongun. 'psychadelic' gives it a bit more scope.

there are two archetypal psychadelias. the womb and orgasm; cognitive obliteration through tranquility and through over stimulation respectively.

orgasm:

womb:

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Someone showed me it today

Saw Kode 9 clear a dancefloor with footwork the other night. Wasn't a well timed booking. Anyway, from my POV it works better as head music than body music. Unless you can dance liked those Chicago guys.

jorge

Lots of interesting thoughts in here, and I've not much to add really, thanks to the posters tho!

It seems a shame that psytrance music is what it is because I love the idea of it. The intersection of acid/techno/Goa/trance in the early 90s had some real gems tho

This tune to me is incredible dance music and also totally psychedelic, the second drop at 2:10 in particular

This one by Robert Leiner is pretty incredible too.

Call super and dorisburg are a couple of current producers who give me similar feelings to the Robert Leiner one above although they feel more reserved, perhaps more on the womby end of the spectrum.

Would love to hear any more tunes like the ones above if anyone knows some..