AMSR

Other things that trigger: someone attentive, quietly explaining something technical on the phone, someone methodically cleaning or fixing something. I think that theory above about the womb is interesting

ITS MY SPECIAL FEELING AND I HATE THAT NORMAL PEOPLE DONT UNDERSTAND AND JUST TALK ABOUT CREEPY FAIRY VIDEOS

There was nothing online until around 2011. I'd be googling 'relaxing tingly head feeling' etc and nothing. Then a little community started and it ballooned into the multi-million dollar industry we all love to take the piss out of. i feel like something precious has been stolen from me

I think it means I'm more sensitive than the likes of you lot. An indigo child probably. We're the species pinnacle who feel thoughts, body-mind as one

Obviously good looking women subtly alluding to sex get more attention and sell more, like everything else in the world. This doesn't make ASMR a sexual response.

I never get triggered by people I know, it's usually strangers or new people I've met. Which backs my trust-signal theory. I sometimes let new people know they've triggered it and it's always an odd conversation but a good one.

Did you see those ones of a girl reading k punks capitalist realism in a slow whisper voice?

I've watched about 10 seconds of one video ever and had to switch it off because I found it so irritating. i don't seek it out and even if I did i'm sure it wouldn't work. only spontaneous triggers.

version

I think it means I'm more sensitive than the likes of you lot. An indigo child probably. We're the species pinnacle who feel thoughts, body-mind as one
I get it too, but I find shit like that Gandalf thing hilarious. They call themselves "ASMRtists"...

version

They're ripe for a conspiracy theory. What are they actually doing and saying to their followers? What are they putting into their heads?

version

The example you mentioned about explaining something over the phone might do it, depending on the person's voice.

boxedjoy

I get ASMR too and the way people want to frame it in terms of sexual response makes it so much harder to explain to people, it's just like a really nice glow and not erotic at all

boxedjoy

I once tried to explain it to a guy I worked with. My triggers are commonly things like hoovers, vacuums, lawnmowers and other white noise. He laughed and said I was a weirdo. Then I sent him some links and it turned out he experiences it every time he gets a haircut and after that he was the biggest defender of it.