Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AMSR

We're not just fingertips and a brain, we're animals. We need sensation, the sun, the trees, the grass. Downtime shouldn't involve a screen.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to droid For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by droid View Post
    We're not just fingertips and a brain, we're animals. We need sensation, the sun, the trees, the grass. Downtime shouldn't involve a screen.
    Yes. This is one reason why I'm uncomfortable with online-downtime aesthetics, to answer Woebot's question.

But to elabourate... This is the ruse that most online 'relaxing or social' premises use. Lonely? Use 'social-media'. Tired of screen based work? Use an online game. Stressed? Need some feel good hormones? Try online relaxation. All these solutions are shite-surrogates for the real thing - they are the monetized equivalent ELIZA... when what humans really need is a holiday in the mountains for 6 months.

This is not to be nostalgic. It's just that I suspect all these online panaceas are shallow gauzy solutions on a platform that cannot and will not operate in a mode that helps us smooth-mammals.
    Last edited by you; 22-04-2018 at 07:18 PM.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to you For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by you View Post
    Yes. This is one reason why I'm uncomfortable with online-downtime aesthetics, to answer Woebot's question.

But to elabourate... This is the ruse that most online 'relaxing or social' premises use. Lonely? Use 'social-media'? Tired of screen based work? Use and online game. Stressed? Need some feel good hormones? Try online relaxation.
    thanks you. i am greatly soothed by your electronic communication.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Woebot For This Useful Post: