Post your Consciousness Classics

luka

can you tell us what a consciousness classic is please? trying to triangulate GGD and DEE isn't working for me.

tinie tempah's 'pass out' is a post-consciousness classic (in b4 tea with shit pun)

luka

Conscious Reggae 2018 on Spotify

Conscious Reggae 2018. By peter_vintges. Enjoy my selection of some new and old reggae favorites! Only strictly Roots & Culture! Nuff love & blessings! Note: check my other ''Conscious Reggae 2017'' playlist! PEACE. 65 songs. Play on Spotify. 1.

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
tbh I also have no idea what a consciousness classic is - religious awakening/ecstasy? unlocking the third eye? visionz uv forever? maybe the ambiguity is deliberate?

in any case here is the original roots of house gospel disco jam (way b4 Stand on the Word), about expressing yourself in service/joy of the Lord

supposedly this was THE anthem of Ron Hardy's first residency at a gay disco in Oldtown, way b4 the Music Box, stretching that endless drum break out to 20, 30 minutes

solid example of the transition of the spiritual ecstasy of church music to the temporal ecstasy of dance music

Woebot

he mean 'tuned to the higher frequencies' i think

his God is distributed evenly throughout his Record Collection

spiritual music is simply good music. and vice versa.

the distinction *here* being songs which TALK about the spirit.

[though as luck would have it some songs are/do both - tho of course plenty of bad songs concern themselves with "spirituality"]

to whit - van m "sweet thing" - another song NOT IN FACT ABOUT GIRLS.

blissblogger

putting the 'high' in 'higher consciousness'

i always think of two groops from the early 80s

baked bands

sister bands in many ways

this is the first