luka

Quite lashed now but in a hazy dozy way don't worry I won't abuse you I don't think

luka

I actually am in Greenwich having a lager right now good timing. There's a spare one for you version if you want to come round

luka

My mum and dad lived on the isle of dogs a little over 40 years ago. Completely cut off. One bus route in and out the island. The museum of docklands is good if you're ever in the area. Its right next to the wetherspoons

luka

The pace of development has become manic feverish deranged. There's always at least one new skyscraper going up over there

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps

It's weird, I always had the idea that most of big towers dated from the late 80s or 90s, but 1 Canada Square is the only big one you can see here.

I worked around this area between 09 and 11. Most of the big ones were up by then, I think. New ones under construction all the time, of course.

craner

Beast of Burden
One Canada Sq went up in 1991 and was on its own for years. The HSBC and Citigroup towers were still being constructed when I moved to London in 2000, glistening vertical building sites that shimmered on the horizon.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Love those pics. It's disorienting how cities change. A friend lived in Canada Water in 99ish, and afair, 'canary wharf' was still mainly used to refer to the tower, not the district. Total difference from 6/7 years later when I used to go there for work. Opening of the jubiele line changed everything, says here that was 99 too

Greenwich was the only part of London I knew as a kid, and I don't think I've been back since.