Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GENERIC NOSTALGIA TRIGGERS.

Default GENERIC NOSTALGIA TRIGGERS.

Ruel Fox. Tony Daley. Operation Wolf. Outrun. Mark One clothing store. Mrbyrites clothing store. Dickie Dirts clothing store. Beaded Curtains in doorways. Girlie Calenders in the offices of tyre fitters. Double Dragon. Blue Thunder. Street Hawk. Coca-Cola mini football. Italia 90 logo. Ice poles. Rumbelows. Athena poster. Aqua Libra. The Pasty Italiano. Tony Dorigo. Jet from Gladiators. Madhouse discount clothing retailer on Oxford St. Panda Pops. Smoking B&H Gold in cafes while someone next to you is trying to eat their beans on toast. rolling a copy of The Star up and putting it in the back pocket of your jeans. Pirate DVD street trading. Jazz mags in bushes. Percy Ingles with moulded plastic seating. etc etc
    Last edited by luka; 04-05-2018 at 12:26 AM.

just casually walking down the street with a rolled up newspaper hanging out your back pocket whens the last time you saw that?
    Last edited by luka; 03-05-2018 at 11:17 PM.

Nick
    ‏ @typejunky
    5h5 hours ago

You never hear about Knickerbocker glories anymore do you.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to luka For This Useful Post:

Prawn cocktail served in half an avocado. The very height of sophistication.

Also any even halfway hetero male Brit born before about 1985 who claims he wasn't madly in love with Jet is a goddamned liar.
    Last edited by Mr. Tea; 07-05-2018 at 08:59 PM.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

I wasn't, and I'm not lying about it.

Quote Originally Posted by craner View Post
    I wasn't, and I'm not lying about it.
    Contrarian.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Tea For This Useful Post:

she ended up doing workplace health and safety videos. how to lift a box without getting a hernia etc

Aww, that's kind of sad. I hope she got to do one for fun about how to knock someone over with a pugil stick without seriously hurting them.

She once came to give a talk at my high school about healthy eating and thinking positive and stuff like that. I felt wistful.

It's like, who would fancy Jet from Gladiators when you had Belinda Carlisle, Susanne Hoffs, DJ Rap, Kim Bassinger or Merlene Ottey to lust after? Ridiculous.

Not contrarian at all, just standards.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to craner For This Useful Post:

Man of the people, me.

Although I guess by the late '90s she'd handed on the crown to Kelly Brook.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tea View Post
    Prawn cocktail served in half an avocado. The very height of sophistication.

Also any even halfway hetero male Brit born before about 1985 who claims he wasn't madly in love with Jet is a goddamned liar.
    special exclusive nostalgia trigger for tea
    https://twitter.com/GladiatorsFans/s...54490980433921

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    special exclusive nostalgia trigger for tea
    https://twitter.com/GladiatorsFans/s...54490980433921
    PHWOAR. Although sadly that's a hit and a miss - my parents were much too middle-class to allow a cereal as unhealthy as Frosties, so they were an occasional treat when staying over with a mate.