GUESS THE AUTHOR

luka

it has become all too common for people to preach to the converted, or sit in their little corner with hands over the ears, utterly convinced of their special truth. when in reality they deserve a good thrashing.

luka

Is it? Throwing your weight around, criticising the very essence of a thread that had already gone on for 5 pages and that people had openly declared as being a good conversation, and doing it in a manner that was fundamentally designed to be insulting and dismissive. I don't know about you, but for me, that's called trolling.

luka

You announced it as your PLAN - so what are you actually doing to implement it, dubstep distractions aside? What idea is it better than?

"Where are the ideas?" They're busily being dumbed-down, rubbished, ignored and ridiculed by this forum's resident anti-intellectual, narcissistic clowns, viz

Fluke-worm: "you're looking for 'productive thought' on dissensus?!! the mind boggles."

And, worse ...

"that was rude sherief. im insulted on his behalf. that post was a lot more entertaining than anything you#ve ever writ"

SHERIEF SHOULD HAVE YOUR FUCKING HIDE FOR THIS RECKLESS, PATHOLOGICAL SHITE.

IT IS NOW WELL PAST TIME YOU APOLOGISED, FUCKER, OR GET THE FUCK OFF THIS FORUM ... YOU SMUG, RACIST LITTLE SHITE!!! AND SHAME ON THOSE OTHER POSTERS HERE WHO PRETEND TO TAKE YOU SERIOUSLY ...

You want me to EXPOSE you?

[AND WHERE the fuck are the "mods" on this forum? Shootin' up? Given up? Run away?]

luka

I hate to say it, but I don't think Lukas comments require moderation - if he wants to be 'anti-intellectual or 'narcissistic', as you put it, then thats up to him, anyones free to be as un-constructive as they wish, as long as they dont step over the line into personal abuse, slander or trolling.

luka

fiveleavesleft 01:26 PM Viewing Thread
The Red Hot Chilli Peppers thread (not much love to be found here)

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
when I think of England I think of: builder's tea, pies, breakfast, dark beer and K Cider, London, squats, Indian take-away, baked beans, racist nans, wet bricks, round-abouts, little cars that all look the same, trains, Fruit Pastilles, JD Sports, juice concentrate, back gardens with ponds in them, door knockers and post flaps, crisps in pubs (esp. walker's cheese and onion), pirate radio, documentaries on prime time television, the news being eternally about missing children, "lemonade", sparkling or still, walk left stand right, please put your hood down sir, and people enjoying rocky beaches on cloudy, cold days.

I believe this was our very own Sick Boy.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Shit, you'd better reply quickly to regain your clean sweep of most recent replies in all subfora!

luka

Craner-Sicko. I am pleased that I feel so appalled, as I often worry about my moral standards. DROID wasn't so wrong in his first salvo

Me-I knew that would have struck a nerve lol

Craner-But I'm only looking for love!

Me-Yeah I was thinking of starting a dissensus thread for that HELP CRANER FIND LOVE

Craner-Every word in the first post was justifiable except decrepit - I didn't get that, I'm only 37 and still full of vim apart from the morning hangovers
It was like, now your just throwing in random words Droid

Me-Malign accretions orbiting a void was the best bit

Craner-That was quite good, but a gyre of the self was spectacular, chanelling Yeats and Freud in one compact clause.

Me-Yeah it didn't make sense though. I marked it down cos of that

Craners -It was poetic.

Me-Yeah but... How to interpret it?
It's an inscrutable sentence

martin

----
Does anyone remember that slob Tubby Isaacs, who used to sell jellied eels down Whitechapel at closing time? Is he dead?

How utterly crass and disrespectful of me. Man was practically a Listed Londoner. Probably is brown bread now, though.

sadmanbarty

genius thread, but you've got to chuck in some people for the younguns to play. i don't know any of these wierdos.

sadmanbarty

I hate to say it, but I don't think Lukas comments require moderation - if he wants to be 'anti-intellectual or 'narcissistic', as you put it, then thats up to him, anyones free to be as un-constructive as they wish, as long as they dont step over the line into personal abuse, slander or trolling.

Droid?

sadmanbarty

there is a strand of US-influenced UKHC but it's not until later. The Stupids, Ripchord, Heresy, contemporaries of the crust pioneers as you probably know as a kid I was hugely into Amebix, Axegrinder, Deviated Instinct, etc as well as Doom, ENT - the two sides of crust, crust proper and crustcore, if you will. don't think SxE really hit the UK/Europe til the late 80s/early 90s? could be wrong. the guys from Larm were I believe, p sure their later band Seein' Red was. I do know vegan SxE metallic hxc was HUGE in Europe in the 90s.

one of the d beat crowd. padraig (the good one, not the batshit one)?

sadmanbarty

in craner's analysis there's this dogged fatalism (hidden admittedly with erudition and a faintly creepy if enjoyable exultation in destruction)- 'governments (or indeed business) always act in their own interests, have always done will always do'- which seems so utterly point-missing.

droid again

luka

the West (in the broadest sense) has a chequered history which includes unequivocally good things (concepts like democracy, equality, freedom of speech etc.) as well as things in which the good is mixed with the bad and a clear moral verdict is difficult, if not impossible (imperialism, slavery and so on)

point taken but surely this one couldnt be more obvious?
Spitfire-2.jpg

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
You announced it as your PLAN - so what are you actually doing to implement it, dubstep distractions aside? What idea is it better than?

"Where are the ideas?" They're busily being dumbed-down, rubbished, ignored and ridiculed by this forum's resident anti-intellectual, narcissistic clowns, viz

Fluke-worm: "you're looking for 'productive thought' on dissensus?!! the mind boggles."

And, worse ...

"that was rude sherief. im insulted on his behalf. that post was a lot more entertaining than anything you#ve ever writ"

SHERIEF SHOULD HAVE YOUR FUCKING HIDE FOR THIS RECKLESS, PATHOLOGICAL SHITE.

IT IS NOW WELL PAST TIME YOU APOLOGISED, FUCKER, OR GET THE FUCK OFF THIS FORUM ... YOU SMUG, RACIST LITTLE SHITE!!! AND SHAME ON THOSE OTHER POSTERS HERE WHO PRETEND TO TAKE YOU SERIOUSLY ...

You want me to EXPOSE you?

[AND WHERE the fuck are the "mods" on this forum? Shootin' up? Given up? Run away?]

And come on, at least give us a challenge, lol.

I liked HMLT's insulting nicknames for people. 'Fluke-worm' is good. I was usually 'Teabag' or 'Teamite' except on one occasion when he totally fucking lost it and I became 'Teafucker'.

sadmanbarty

there is a strand of US-influenced UKHC but it's not until later. The Stupids, Ripchord, Heresy, contemporaries of the crust pioneers as you probably know as a kid I was hugely into Amebix, Axegrinder, Deviated Instinct, etc as well as Doom, ENT - the two sides of crust, crust proper and crustcore, if you will. don't think SxE really hit the UK/Europe til the late 80s/early 90s? could be wrong. the guys from Larm were I believe, p sure their later band Seein' Red was. I do know vegan SxE metallic hxc was HUGE in Europe in the 90s.

eden