GUESS THE AUTHOR

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
probably the closest I've ever gotten to a true flamewar anywhere on the internet. in my defense that dude was absolutely terrible.

also looking back the pickup artist thing was definitely a harbinger of the wave of toxic masculinity things that was to follow.

padraig (u.s.)

loads of people in different scenes that I'm not a native of have come up to me saying "oh that track is the shit in such and such micro-scene". when i drop some bhangra to a south asian audience for instance this happens. or when i play reggae to die-hard rastas.

but these days i ain't gotta worry cuz for the most part i play Kabuka, Genge, and Egyptian pop that no one's ever heard of before
that definitely sounds like zhao

padraig (u.s.)

Grandmaster Caz, Kool Moe Dee, LL Cool J, Rakim, KRS One, Kool Keith, Big Daddy Kane, Kool G Rap, Just Ice, Masta Ace, D.O.C, Ice T, EPMD, MC Lyte, Queen Latifah, De La Soul, Stetsasonic, Percee P, King Sun, Treach, Redman, Nas, Jay Z, Busta Rhymes, Pharoahe Monch, Grand Puba, Scarface, Del, Ice Cube, MC Ren, Aceyalone, Souls Of Mischief, Andre 3000, Big Boi, and the list goes on....IF YOU WEREN'T ELEVATING THE GAME ON A BEATS OR RHYMES LEVEL THE WAY THESE PEOPLE WERE FROM 1988-1996 THEN GUESS WHAT? Hip Hop heads/fans/journalists that have this hip hop aesthetic in mind WILL NOT BE LOVING (OR AT ALL ACCEPTING OF) THE CURRENT MUSIC COMING OUT OF THE SOUTH NOW. PERIOD! One.
this + the post before are Poisonous Dart or whatever that guy's name was, aka the Crowley before Crowley

padraig (u.s.)

there is a strand of US-influenced UKHC but it's not until later. The Stupids, Ripchord, Heresy, contemporaries of the crust pioneers as you probably know as a kid I was hugely into Amebix, Axegrinder, Deviated Instinct, etc as well as Doom, ENT - the two sides of crust, crust proper and crustcore, if you will. don't think SxE really hit the UK/Europe til the late 80s/early 90s? could be wrong. the guys from Larm were I believe, p sure their later band Seein' Red was. I do know vegan SxE metallic hxc was HUGE in Europe in the 90s.
this is me ofc. that was like a month or two ago.

padraig (u.s.)

Yeah, but those two are more or less unknown to anyone but the few experts. The existence and influence of Can/Neu/Faust/Kraftwerk/Tangerine Dream, and probably Amon Düül II/Popol Vuh/Cluster too, is almost basic knowledge for everyone interested in rock history. Der Plan/Palais Schaumburg are as obscure as minor kraut groups like, say, Embryo or Guru Guru. That's not to say that they aren't great or that you can't place them in some kind of personal canon, but it's not like music history would be much different without them.

As for the "bad music era", I highly disagree. I think a lot of interesting things were going on then, not least with industrial and/or EBM, styles very influenced by german groups. But except for Neubauten, none of the really important mid-to-late 80s contributions to these styles was made by germans. And that is very odd I think, especially because there was a huge scene for it in germany.
Woebot, I reckon

padraig (u.s.)

- not so say everything by everyone on this list was essential,
but these other individuals were sometimes important parts of what is called Neue Deutsche Welle.
Gudrun Gut of Malaria ! and Beate Bartel of LD were both in original version of ENB,
it was a social scene , the W Berlin klubs were hot , friends supported friends ,
and this has to be the mighty polystyle desu, aka Stuart Argabright of Death Comet Crew, Ike Yard, etc. top dude, always nice around here.

padraig (u.s.)

there sure are a lot of attractive girls in russia who are into breakcore.
no idea but I'd kinda like to know

just going by random YT videos of Russian teens dancing to stompy Pendulum type dnb I can see this being the case, at least 5-10 years ago

right up there w/the wedding rap posse track for greatest Russian YT music vids of all time

padraig (u.s.)

lmk know how I did

I like how deep the metanarrative is getting. a way to reinject life into a medium whose time as largely passed.

luka

Coined by internet dating guru David M, the FGOP is a technique used by UGs and warpigs to make themselves look more attractive in online pictures and profiles. While it is understandable to choose the best pictures when presenting oneself online, the FGOP goes beyond just picking good pictures to using outright deception: sneaky camera angles, strategic cropping, and perspective techniques that grossly distort the attractiveness of the girl in the photo.

It is necessary for PUAs to be wary of FGOPs in online game by qualifying and screening. It is always important to ask for more pictures to properly qualify girls with questionable profile pictures. Some important questions to ask include:

How long ago were the pictures taken?

Can you send me any more pictures?

luka

ive been feeling (more than usually) megalomaniacal. our time has come round again.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
welcome brother, you're now ONE OF US! You don't have to be middle-aged, I've been a real ale nut since the age of about 16.

This may or may not have been me, but it's the sort of thing I might say.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
probably the closest I've ever gotten to a true flamewar anywhere on the internet. in my defense that dude was absolutely terrible.

also looking back the pickup artist thing was definitely a harbinger of the wave of toxic masculinity things that was to follow.

God yeah, he was a right fucking weirdo.

Someone trolled him marvellously by claiming to be able to make girls shoot green laser beams out of their vaginas or something, that was good.