Songs of Joy

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Wake up Boo by the Boo Radleys

Really encapsulates that toe tappin its good to be alive in 1995 feeling

luka

nah thats full on joy thats the real thing im feeling joy right now so powerful and perfect

luka

rewind. cant play this song only once. its got me thinking off the wall/thriller to for the same reason.
mastery. command. power. exhilaration of that.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
And the pathos of the joy in Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston, given their respective destinies, is a great example of that

luka

Joy belongs to the young

The older I get the more pathos I find in joy

fuckking hell corpse youre only 30! im sitting here alone killing myself laughing feeling so great just by invoking joy and playing whitney on repeat. me and barty will make you joyful mate. we know a special technique. get yourself south of the river.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
I mean, I've had to write about the songs I've chosen (which aren't fixed yet) and I've listed that joy can be angry, joy can be sad, joy can be drugs, joy can be suicide, I don't think joy is restricted, it's just a route to freedom, or maybe freedom itself.

Sorry I never liked that Boo Radleys song.

I think, Luka, that this is joyous, so negates the idea that indie can't be. I think it's harmonies. Voices together. Remember that?

PS if you think you know this song, this version is better than you thought :

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JpoGERuYmow" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

sadmanbarty

I mean, I've had to write about the songs I've chosen (which aren't fixed yet) and I've listed that joy can be angry, joy can be sad, joy can be drugs, joy can be suicide, I don't think joy is restricted, it's just a route to freedom, or maybe freedom itself.

diabolical hedonism. i'd say it's not joy, but physiologically feels the same.

luka

Sorry I never liked that Boo Radleys song.

I think, Luka, that this is joyous, so negates the idea that indie can't be. I think it's harmonies. Voices together. Remember that?

PS if you think you know this song, this version is better than you thought :

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JpoGERuYmow" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

i do like that song but i find the voices and the sound flat and muddy (i have this problem with the beatles) and it has almost a dirge like drag that stops it achieving lift off in the way the chorus should enable it to do. or maybe im just prejudice!

luka

diabolical hedonism. i'd say it's not joy, but physiologically feels the same.

i dont need to point out that this is something we hold in common. it taps into what sloane was saying about freedom i think. and into what i was saying about the body throwing off the shackles. it's very energising and powerful.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
i do like that song but i find the voices and the sound flat and muddy (i have this problem with the beatles) and it has almost a dirge like drag that stops it achieving lift off in the way the chorus should enable it to do. or maybe im just prejudice!

Yeah it's a weird one that song. In the right place, at the right time, I could put that on and I could make you weep. But maybe Dissensus isn't the right forum, which means it isn't quite right. See Lee Mathers problem all his life.