QUANTUM LEVEL BREAKBEAT SCIENCE

droid

And the original! It was the thin end of the talkin' loud wedge for the lads, but that combo of soft (yet odd) chords and deft break collages running off on their own little tangents... Ill allow the vocal.

droid

Dego came over here in early 97 and pissed everyone off by playing techno for the first half of his set.

luka

And the original! It was the thin end of the talkin' loud wedge for the lads, but that combo of soft (yet odd) chords and deft break collages running off on their own little tangents... Ill allow the vocal.

ive never really understood what a chord is, but im pretty sure i hate them. i reckon there's some d'cruze that fits in this thread... i might be thinking of someone else though.

luka

i might try and get into metalheadz now. adult-oriented-jungle. i reckon im mature enough now.
i cant accept it on an ideological basis but there's things i can appreciate in those records even if i can never get
past a basic antipathy towards them.

luka

ach! aka lee kirk fagan is much a musical prodigy he can beatbox all the amen edits in the correct order for
the following tunes
(not joking)

You Don't Know (remix)
Ja Know Ya Big
splash babylon
piano tune

and probaly one or two others

i dunno if any of you are going to this reynolds lecture today in walthamstow but if you are there Ach! has promised to demonstrate the beatbox thing live in the pub after.

droid

Its not the chords - its the vocals.

Artcore, apart from working well on the dancefloor when mixed up with other stuff, also allowed you to keep playing jungle when the sun came up. Think of it as an extension of the rush, not the negation, jungle for every mood and circumstance.

droid

Impossible to say for sure, but that last one sounds really like another of Aphrodite's Octomed anthems.

droid

D'cruze/Capleton darkside anthem. The remix has a cheeky penthouse riddim sample, but this is the one.

droid

Big D'Cruze fan as well. I like the deft removal of homophobia as well.

I have a nice 92-93 mix featuring a bunch of D'Cruze tunes. He was a fucker to mix with as even by hardcore standards his tunes are super stop-starty. We wanted to do the mix live without any mistakes. Took us 28 attempts over about 2 years.

I could stick it up here for a limited time?