Gluten

Woebot

I strongly believe it's a big problem.

One of the many foods people in the west eat unthinkingly and which causes untold damage and distorts people's personalities.

Made inestimably worse by modern intensive food production which mills it down to microscopic qualities.

But the press is still filled with studies which insist it is NOT A PROBLEM (though I always wonder who is funding these)...

-

Just the most recent anti gluten thing I have found:
https://www.arthritis.org/living-wi...s-diet/anti-inflammatory/gluten-free-diet.php

I strongly believe it's a big problem.

One of the many foods people in the west eat unthinkingly and which causes untold damage and distorts people's personalities.

Made inestimably worse by modern intensive food production which mills it down to microscopic qualities.

But the press is still filled with studies which insist it is NOT A PROBLEM (though I always wonder who is funding these)...

-

Just the most recent anti gluten thing I have found:
https://www.arthritis.org/living-wi...s-diet/anti-inflammatory/gluten-free-diet.php

Might not always be the gluten, could be the lectins, some research shows gluten may be being blamed for what lectins are doing. So for those avoiding wheat and eating pulses instead, that could be a problem (too).

Woebot

Might not always be the gluten, could be the lectins, some research shows gluten may be being blamed for what lectins are doing. So for those avoiding wheat and eating pulses instead, that could be a problem (too).

and the FODMAPS people in australia think that it's just that people can't digest complex carbs - and so when they stop eating bread they feel better

in the daily mail (but sometimes their health coverage is good)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...going-GLUTEN-FREE-TOTAL-WASTE-time-money.html

STILL...

Numbers

Unless you’re suffering from celiac disease, chances are rather small gluten is the evildoer. I’ve started making my own bread with only three ingredients (wheat, water & salt). My partner who easily feels bloated after eating even moderate amounts of wheat products, never has any issues with the home made bread, which is full of gluten.

That said: there is probably nothing bad about reducing carb intake, which is the only real effect of this anti-gluten hype, if done with some basic sense.

Woebot

Unless you’re suffering from celiac disease, chances are rather small gluten is the evildoer. I’ve started making my own bread with only three ingredients (wheat, water & salt). My partner who easily feels bloated after eating even moderate amounts of wheat products, never has any issues with the home made bread, which is full of gluten.

That said: there is probably nothing bad about reducing carb intake, which is the only real effect of this anti-gluten hype, if done with some basic sense.

just to make clear i am not "seeking a diagnosis" - just interested in the topic. your bread sounds delicious!!!