Thread: I need your TECH HELP

Default I need your TECH HELP

OK, I am completely stumped and need some tech advice.

I've asked some people on here for help regarding this, which they've kindly given, but unfortunately the methods / links haven't worked.

Basically - I want to transfer 3,000+ emails (incl. subfolders) and contacts from a work Outlook account to an Outlook.com email address (equally, it could be to a Yahoo account, though somebody's told me it's not possible, and most google searches lead to people hawking some expensive file conversion software). That's not only contacts, but emails as well.

I have created a .pst file of all emails and contacts. So, presumably, all I need to do is import it into the Outlook.com account...except...
    The help pages all seem to suggest you can only import contacts, using a .csv file.

I'm trying to keep this as simple as possible, as I'm IT-retarded: I just want some way of making all the emails on my work account appear on my Outlook.com account, without having to forward them all.

Does anyone know a way to do this? Is it even possible? I've looked up loads of tech forums but none of them specifically address this - I can't be the only person who wants to import a .pst file and have a record of all emails on another account?

Would really appreciate any feedback, especially if a 10-year old could follow it - I spent my IT classes in school messing around, so I 'get' hardcore tech-talk like I get Ancient Sumerian. Cheers in advance...

Sorry I wasnt of more help previously. Tell me, can you set up your new email account in outlook on your desktop?

If so, this should work: https://support.office.com/en-us/art...8-ded54b3440ac

Quote Originally Posted by droid View Post
    Sorry I wasnt of more help previously. Tell me, can you set up your new email account in outlook on your desktop?

If so, this should work: https://support.office.com/en-us/art...8-ded54b3440ac
    No, don't apologise, your link helped me set up the .pst file fine. It's just after that I fell into the headfuck zone.

I'm not sure re: the account. Do you mean like the Outlook 'viewer' as opposed to the website? Would that mean having to buy a separate 'viewer' package?

Nope, I mean in the Outlook application in windows as opposed to a browser based version. If you have outlook on your computer you can set up as many email accounts as you like, doesn't cost anything.

I'd have thought you need unfortunately something like this: https://www.msoutlook.info/question/...-to-outlookcom

basically set up outlook.com to access the same email account as yr work outlook (you'll need to give it server details and pw etc) we call it the IMAP shuffle

the CSV import is perhaps a red herring as that wd only do your contacts, not the emails themselves. PSTs are a complete pain in the arse

... and you'll probably lose those intricately arranged folders on the way

Looks like Dissensus could use some TECH HELP right now, lol.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

Quote Originally Posted by droid View Post
    Nope, I mean in the Outlook application in windows as opposed to a browser based version. If you have outlook on your computer you can set up as many email accounts as you like, doesn't cost anything.
    It's taken me this long to figure out what you mean. OK, I have the app on a laptop, I will try and connect it to the browser version this weekend. Wish me much luck. Thanks Droid and Sufi for your help - not so bothered about emails coming out of their folders, just want the damn thing to move them! Cheers.

You dont have to connect it really. Just add a new account in your desktop version - email address, password imap details. Once thats done import the PST into the new account.