Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Antiuniversity - Wilhelm Reich talk

Mind and body working together as they should do.

Re yoga - definitely gives mind and body awareness if you don't get caught in the trap of having to perform. It also provides what Danny talked about earlier with the Alexander technique - practice in staying with the unfamiliar present (which is why those variants of yoga where you don't hold the stretch don't make any sense at all, except as regimented narcissism) rather than slinking back to the familiar ways of doing things. Sticking with discomfort, and thinking and feeling about what discomfort means to you, until it becomes tolerable or starts to dissolve.

I'm guessing that your poetry gig, being asked to write something on the spot based on a theme given to you by someone else, gives some of the same benefits of pushing you into unfamiliarity and enabling you to stick with it? I'd be interested to hear about that - obvious links on all sides with the improvisation discussion we were having a while back too

we need a thread for this kooky stuff. love talking about this sort of thing.

groaning under the weight of work this afternoon, but once I have freed myself, I'll put one up

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    we need a thread for this kooky stuff. love talking about this sort of thing.
    Hold me bifter...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sufi For This Useful Post:

You've still not started that thread have you Baboon?

Half way through watching this and it's great - did some training with this guy in Oslo:

Quote Originally Posted by DannyL View Post

Half way through watching this and it's great - did some training with this guy in Oslo:

sufi started this
    http://www.dissensus.com/showthread.php?t=13336

Quote Originally Posted by DannyL View Post

My bad. Will rectify today. Waylaid by England's rebirth.

Will give that vid a watch too, cheers