Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Antiuniversity - Wilhelm Reich talk

Default Antiuniversity - Wilhelm Reich talk

I'm lecturing on Wilhelm Reich in London on 9th June if any of you lot want to come down. It's free!

The blurb runs:
    This talk is an introduction to the life and work of radical psychoanalyst Wilhelm Reich. Reich has been christened the founder of the 'sexual revolution' (he coined the term). He was the first to incorporate the body into psychoanalysis. Along the way, he broke with Freud, practiced radical biology, fought fascism, founded his own discipline of alternative physics, and fled to the US. In the US his radical ideas brought him into conflict with the authorities and he was eventually jailed, dying in prison in 1957. He's the only person whose books were burnt by both the Nazis and the US government. This talk will look at his life and work and assess what he can take from his profound legacy.

This event is part of the Antiuniversity Now festival 9-15 June 2018

See the full programme on www.antiuniversity.org

By signing up to this event you will be added to the Antiuniversity mailing list.

To opt out please email antiuniversitynow@gmail.com

It's at LARC (London Action Resource Centre), 62 Fieldgate Street, London, E1 1ES - 7.30pm to 8.45

Eventbrite link for tix here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/antiu...796234?aff=es2
    Last edited by DannyL; 13-05-2018 at 08:37 AM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DannyL For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DannyL View Post
    I'm lecturing on Wilhelm Reich in London on 9th June if any of you lot want to come down. It's free!

The blurb runs:
    This talk is an introduction to the life and work of radical psychoanalyst Wilhelm Reich. Reich has been christened the founder of the 'sexual revolution' (he coined the term). He was the first to incorporate the body into psychoanalysis. Along the way, he broke with Freud, practiced radical biology, fought fascism, founded his own discipline of alternative physics, and fled to the US. In the US his radical ideas brought him into conflict with the authorities and he was eventually jailed, dying in prison in 1957. He's the only person whose books were burnt by both the Nazis and the US government. This talk will look at his life and work and assess what he can take from his profound legacy.

This event is part of the Antiuniversity Now festival 9-15 June 2018

See the full programme on www.antiuniversity.org

By signing up to this event you will be added to the Antiuniversity mailing list.

To opt out please email antiuniversitynow@gmail.com

It's at LARC (London Action Resource Centre), 62 Fieldgate Street, London, E1 1ES - 7.30pm to 8.45

Eventbrite link for tix here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/antiu...796234?aff=es2
    cool! i will come along.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Matthew For This Useful Post:

if any of youse guys are intending to come along to this, best book an Eventbrite ticket cos it might sell out - I'm up to 30 out of 50 now.

Booked it mate, see you in the VIP.

i would like to but my mates getting married in Morden. All the best. Fascinating subject and Danny's an expert.

that was GREAT!

danny really knows his reich. we kept going deeper into the subject *then* danny mentioned he corresponds with as neill. eden and i looked across at each other suitably impressed.

fantastic stuff danny.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Useful Post:

Thanks Matt! Glad you enjoyed! I was super pleased to do it, good questions as well I thought.

Great book, though a lot of Reich's letters are missing. Neill was trying to do in education what Reich was trying to do in psychotherapy.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyL View Post
    Thanks Matt! Glad you enjoyed! I was super pleased to do it, good questions as well I thought.

Great book, though a lot of Reich's letters are missing. Neill was trying to do in education what Reich was trying to do in psychotherapy.
    yes they were good questions i thought too! all well-informed - apart from eden's

danny would you be able to drop me a line at alias[at]hollowearth.org? i have a question you might be able to help me with

Ha!

It was a great talk and good to see you Matt.

Good mixture in the audience.

Danny, will there be a stream of this online at any stage? Couldn't make it because I don't live in London any more, but sounded v interesting.

Yeah, I can sort you out with a stream of it. I want to give it a listen myself first so give me a few days....

brilliant, really appreciate it, absolutely no rush cos my next free time to listen won't be for a little while! Have been finding some Reichian breathing exercises really useful recently, from a link you sent me ages ago, so thanks for that too

Quote Originally Posted by baboon2004 View Post
    brilliant, really appreciate it, absolutely no rush cos my next free time to listen won't be for a little while! Have been finding some Reichian breathing exercises really useful recently, from a link you sent me ages ago, so thanks for that too
    send me this pls im trying to sort out my breathing once and for all.

Will do.

I don't think you can sort out breathing with any finality, if you know what I mean? Or rather it's one element of a whole body process, and changes will have knock on effect but I don't know to what degree we make these permanent. It's an interesting question to think about.

Was the link to Christopher Hyatt's stuff, Baboon?

no of course you cant but you can establish good habits