luka

however when you start learning things about yourself you simulataneously are learning things about other people
its unavoidable.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
my methodology means i dont need to. its a secret ancient system. manipulation is for amateurs.

BTW have you seen this 'Wild Wild Country' thing on Netflix? I've only watched one episode but I think it might interest you

Indian religious sex cult comes to (very) small town Montana

luka

nah i cancelled the netflix after the free trial. lots of people recommended it to me, naturally

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
however when you start learning things about yourself you simulataneously are learning things about other people
its unavoidable.

one interesting (possibly spurious) thing i read in the NLP for dummies book i skim read in foyles last week was that people will generally fall into the categories of 'visual' 'aural' etc. and you can tell what they are by how they speak

so you can reframe how you speak and they'll understand you better

also 'the map is not the territory'

luka

ive got a few nlp books. its not that theres nothing in it, its just it makes me feel unhygenic

luka

the map territory thing doesnt come from Bandler and Grinder it comes from Korzybski. a big favourite of Burroughs'

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
yeah i didn't like the look of it in some ways

i dont' want to think of human interaction and even mental processes as mechanistic

i'd hate to be able to make people do whatever i want really, it would be a clockwork world

i have a strong faith in the irrational

luka

im going to reread some reich cos my next radio show is going to be all about love.

Leo

just checked out that forum. granted it's brand new but seemed like mostly a lot of "listening to the new blah blah blah album, really good".

despite all our bumps in the road (or perhaps because of them), it made me appreciate what we have here.

firefinga

I say more power to them at any rate for not going the easy routine and start - yet another - FB group.

luka

best music forums. 1.Luka's treehouse. 2.rwd forums. 3. grimeforum. 4. i love music.

Leo

In 2017, Jared O’Mara, a newly elected Labour MP, found himself in trouble over crass jokes he’d made on the Drowned in Sound messageboard over a decade before. O’Mara’s comments – jokes about having an orgy with members of Girls Aloud and the idea of Jamie Cullum being sexually assaulted by his piano – were nasty but hardly unusual: music boards were riddled with insecure young guys trying to be outrageous.

beware, all you dissensians with future political aspirations.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
beware, all you dissensians with future political aspirations.

The idea of any of us cunts trying to become elected representatives with power over people's lives is equal parts hilarious and terrifying.

Leo

i'd vote for john eden, seems like a responsible guy. not like the rest of you.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
i'd vote for john eden, seems like a responsible guy. not like the rest of you.

+1 for the DDDP (Democratic Dope-smoking Dads Party).

Edit: clearly John would never lead such a sexist party - it'd be the DDPP, obviously.

luka

dubstep diaspora-
we are part of the hardcore continuum despite being goldsmiths
graduates from surrey/brighton/switzerland

the world-no youre not

dubstep diaspora-
ok. well, it doesnt exist anyway. its a wrongheaded theoretical construct.

the world-why you so upset about not being part of it then you fucking weirdo cunt