Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Someone has started an "old skool forum for music, discussion and discovery"

freud-reich-perls-nlp

(NLP is sinister)

I was going to order a book on NLP recently cos I heard enough to make it sound interesting as a therapeutic method but I looked it up online and the wikipedia said its widely recognised as pseudoscience

Just going to show once again that I'm always just one wikipedia search away from joining a death cult

Quote Originally Posted by Corpsey View Post
    I was going to order a book on NLP recently cos I heard enough to make it sound interesting as a therapeutic method but I looked it up online and the wikipedia said its widely recognised as pseudoscience

Just going to show once again that I'm always just one wikipedia search away from joining a death cult
    freud is pseudoscience. reich is pseudoscience. i think that misses the point though.

it's about finding ways to conceptualise what happens. how to model processes and systems.

i cant imagine not finding it fascinating but some people are very extroverted i guess

NLP has its strongest presence in the world of buisness and sales becasue it promises
    to teach ways to manipulate people. i know them obviously but i dont need them.
    ive got my own methodology lol.

manipulate me

if you're not already

my methodology means i dont need to. its a secret ancient system. manipulation is for amateurs.

I have no interest in controlling other people, I just wish they'd spontaneously do everything I want them to

I'm more interested in controlling myself, something I find impossible as a general rule

Quote Originally Posted by Corpsey View Post
    I have no interest in controlling other people, I just wish they'd spontaneously do everything I want them to

I'm more interested in controlling myself, something I find impossible as a general rule
    yeah thats more what therapy stuff should demonstrate. thats why im anti NLP. darklords.

however when you start learning things about yourself you simulataneously are learning things about other people
    its unavoidable.

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    my methodology means i dont need to. its a secret ancient system. manipulation is for amateurs.
    BTW have you seen this 'Wild Wild Country' thing on Netflix? I've only watched one episode but I think it might interest you

Indian religious sex cult comes to (very) small town Montana

nah i cancelled the netflix after the free trial. lots of people recommended it to me, naturally

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    however when you start learning things about yourself you simulataneously are learning things about other people
    its unavoidable.
    one interesting (possibly spurious) thing i read in the NLP for dummies book i skim read in foyles last week was that people will generally fall into the categories of 'visual' 'aural' etc. and you can tell what they are by how they speak

so you can reframe how you speak and they'll understand you better

also 'the map is not the territory'

ive got a few nlp books. its not that theres nothing in it, its just it makes me feel unhygenic