Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Someone has started an "old skool forum for music, discussion and discovery"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tea View Post
    Uh, not you, by the sound of it? I went to a club on Saturday that couldn't possibly have been less dead. As good a night out as I've had in nearly 20 years of clubbing in London. And the place was rammed, too.
    where was that and who did u see?

Quote Originally Posted by thirdform View Post
    where was that and who did u see?
    World Unknown, it's a night I've been going to for years. No big-name DJs, just Andy Blake who runs the night and one of his mates who I'd not heard of. Venue was a small place I'd not been to (or indeed heard of) before, called Sedition, just off Old Street. The music was a mix of house, techno, new beat/EBM and the harder end of Italo, so maybe not your cup of tea exactly (if there was any fourth-world gabber-trance deathrave, it happened while I was outside having a smoke) but of such a consistently high quality that I can't really imagine anyone who doesn't hate clubs on principle not having a great time. Super friendly and fairly diverse crowd, great soundsystem, great drugs, decent door staff and a refreshing lack of Spetsnaz wannabes moodily trudging through the dancefloor shining torches in everyone's eyes.

I'll give you a shout next time it's on, if you like. I'll even agree that Jordan Peterson is a tiresome bigoted fool and we can bury the hatchet properly.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Tea For This Useful Post:

nah that exactly sounds like my cup of tea mates told me about it a few years ago i thought they'd stopped.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to thirdform For This Useful Post:

i like all the dance musics apart from tech house and progressive house.

even partial to a bit of 90s hard house, this is a banger.

nah that exactly sounds like my cup of tea mates told me about it a few years ago i thought they'd stopped.
    They go through periods of not putting on any nights for several months at a time, that might be it. This was the last one till October, for example.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

i called one of those guys pretentious and dissed a 1996 trance track maybe i need to cultivate better habits lol. both of my posts got flagged.

tried to log into 555-5555
    Account suspended until July 24, 3018: Multiple post flags for weeks with no response. Reactivation possible if fixed

tried to log into 555-5555
    Account suspended until July 24, 3018: Multiple post flags for weeks with no response. Reactivation possible if fixed
    That forum is run by self-righteous tone policers. I got hauled through a maostic inquisitive process because I dared questioning the meaning of the word "patriarchy". I'd never ever witnessed anything as absurd and I guess as an old(er) continental european I have now gotten familiar with the regressive policies of Anglo-American culture. No dissensus allowed for sure.

I had some good discussions before in there before tho, but no hard tears from me if that forum rots away for good.

i didn't even say anything controversial i just ribbed with that zurko guy a bit i mean if hes so invested in UK music then he should know we talk straight to the point and its not personal or anything. and im about as far left as they come.

doesn't seem like its actually run by people of colour as well so the whole social justice angle seems a bit odd - im brown and i would notice if it wasn't a goldsmiths club.

strange stuff this whole deconstructed club scene. a lot of it seems to be journalistic monetising after all the eccentric personalities have been flushed out.
    Last edited by thirdform; 10-10-2018 at 07:46 AM.

i didn't even say anything controversial i just ribbed with that zurko guy a bit i mean if hes so invested in UK music then he should know we talk straight to the point and its not personal or anything. and im about as far left as they come.

doesn't seem like its actually run by people of colour as well so the whole social justice angle seems a bit odd - im brown and i would notice if it wasn't a goldsmiths club.

strange stuff this whole deconstructed club scene. a lot of it seems to be journalistic monetising after all the eccentric personalities have been flushed out.
    I also had a perfectly fine discussion going on with zurko, and out of nowhere because of my remark of wanting to discuss an obv 'toxic' subject I got called in by the inquisitors. I've chatted with zurko since then and he finds the thing just as absurd as me (I've kept the logs). I mean I got told literally to "rethink" what I wrote and either delete or rewrite it "and then we will forget this thing". I mean I am not normally not stubborn, but that was just too much so I told them to f*ck off.

Idk what it is with these selfrighteous supposedly 'woke' people. I can't see any social justice emerging from that behaviour that's for sure.

But it's dead now. No discussions going on. Just people posting YT links. Way to go.

nah, im not gonna chase my ban up whatsoever. i mean gabber eleganza ffs. that's just peak art school appropriation. we've loved gabba and hard acid in uk for ages, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    i was just saying to droid i think our time will come again. i could feel a hankering
    for a way out of the social media trap. gizza pat on the back pls droid.
    i fucking knew this was about to be the best conversation on the internet again soon.
    and now it is. happy birthday Sufi, the old man of the mountain, Hassan-I-Sabbah.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to luka For This Useful Post: