Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Someone has started an "old skool forum for music, discussion and discovery"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tea View Post
    Uh, not you, by the sound of it? I went to a club on Saturday that couldn't possibly have been less dead. As good a night out as I've had in nearly 20 years of clubbing in London. And the place was rammed, too.
    where was that and who did u see?

Quote Originally Posted by thirdform View Post
    where was that and who did u see?
    World Unknown, it's a night I've been going to for years. No big-name DJs, just Andy Blake who runs the night and one of his mates who I'd not heard of. Venue was a small place I'd not been to (or indeed heard of) before, called Sedition, just off Old Street. The music was a mix of house, techno, new beat/EBM and the harder end of Italo, so maybe not your cup of tea exactly (if there was any fourth-world gabber-trance deathrave, it happened while I was outside having a smoke) but of such a consistently high quality that I can't really imagine anyone who doesn't hate clubs on principle not having a great time. Super friendly and fairly diverse crowd, great soundsystem, great drugs, decent door staff and a refreshing lack of Spetsnaz wannabes moodily trudging through the dancefloor shining torches in everyone's eyes.

I'll give you a shout next time it's on, if you like. I'll even agree that Jordan Peterson is a tiresome bigoted fool and we can bury the hatchet properly.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Tea For This Useful Post:

nah that exactly sounds like my cup of tea mates told me about it a few years ago i thought they'd stopped.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to thirdform For This Useful Post:

i like all the dance musics apart from tech house and progressive house.

even partial to a bit of 90s hard house, this is a banger.

Quote Originally Posted by thirdform View Post
    nah that exactly sounds like my cup of tea mates told me about it a few years ago i thought they'd stopped.
    They go through periods of not putting on any nights for several months at a time, that might be it. This was the last one till October, for example.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

i called one of those guys pretentious and dissed a 1996 trance track maybe i need to cultivate better habits lol. both of my posts got flagged.