Corpsey

bandz ahoy
a byproduct of the churn is that there is something intensely pleasurable and throwback-blissful about those rarer and rarer times when you do get stuck on something and just have to replay it over and over - it's like slipping back into analogue time and an attention economy based around scarcity of options

Yes, this is a rare and joyful experience. I think it last happened to me with this

Interesting re: critics/practitioners. I sometimes wonder if all of us music nerds on dissensus should put our money where our mouth is, so to speak, and make the music we yearn for, but then I think 'isn't the music we all love made by people who wouldn't be pontificating about music on dissensus?' And then I cry and I want to die.

luka

thats why you need to fulfil your side of the bargain so that barty is forced to make us a tune.
see how it comes out.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I think you would be a perfect sounding board if I was making music or something cos I know you wouldn't be polite - you'd call a shite a shite

luka

yeah ive made quite a few people cry. its good for them though. you sent me a trap beat you made once
i actually thought it was good. depression is boring becasue you just sort of give up doing anything
fun and interesting. run all these self-defeating scripts about why its pointless to try to do anything

luka

few things get my back up as much as what we students of human nature call self-defeating scripts

firefinga

music critics who aren't musicians themselves are better - although usually focus on wrong things when writing bout music - than lapsed musicians-turned-critics. Those usually are full of resentment and jealousy.

firefinga

and speaking of musicians - or in this specific case rather producers - the popularity of youtube was also - somewhat - a blow to music-based webforums which often had subforums focussing on music productions. Those countless youtube tutorials on DAWs and whatnot rendered those parts of the forums totally useless.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I was going to order a book on NLP recently cos I heard enough to make it sound interesting as a therapeutic method but I looked it up online and the wikipedia said its widely recognised as pseudoscience

Just going to show once again that I'm always just one wikipedia search away from joining a death cult

luka

I was going to order a book on NLP recently cos I heard enough to make it sound interesting as a therapeutic method but I looked it up online and the wikipedia said its widely recognised as pseudoscience

Just going to show once again that I'm always just one wikipedia search away from joining a death cult

freud is pseudoscience. reich is pseudoscience. i think that misses the point though.

luka

it's about finding ways to conceptualise what happens. how to model processes and systems.

luka

i cant imagine not finding it fascinating but some people are very extroverted i guess

luka

NLP has its strongest presence in the world of buisness and sales becasue it promises
to teach ways to manipulate people. i know them obviously but i dont need them.
ive got my own methodology lol.

luka

my methodology means i dont need to. its a secret ancient system. manipulation is for amateurs.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I have no interest in controlling other people, I just wish they'd spontaneously do everything I want them to

I'm more interested in controlling myself, something I find impossible as a general rule

luka

I have no interest in controlling other people, I just wish they'd spontaneously do everything I want them to

I'm more interested in controlling myself, something I find impossible as a general rule

yeah thats more what therapy stuff should demonstrate. thats why im anti NLP. darklords.