luka

tearing down dean blunt and feminism back to back in a couple of days... asking for trouble!

you were going all highbrow on 555 over here you just stir the pot lol

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
tearing down dean blunt and feminism back to back in a couple of days... asking for trouble!

you were going all highbrow on 555 over here you just stir the pot lol

me old man wanted us to go do the overseas vote in the turkish elections i mean i hate the bourgeois facade of stamping a piece of paper it's like those wankers who will really be into politics as some kind of hobby.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
im not even an optimistic marxist. just give me somewhere where i can grow magic mushrooms, drink wine and live alone with no family or friends or landlords disturbing me ever.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Yes, this is a rare and joyful experience. I think it last happened to me with this

Interesting re: critics/practitioners. I sometimes wonder if all of us music nerds on dissensus should put our money where our mouth is, so to speak, and make the music we yearn for, but then I think 'isn't the music we all love made by people who wouldn't be pontificating about music on dissensus?' And then I cry and I want to die.

i would make autechre/Rashad Becker with turkish aesthetics but i don't have the musical knowledge of alternative tunings and maqams to do so, let alone classical piano.

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
no seriously who wants to go to a club in 2018.

Uh, not you, by the sound of it? I went to a club on Saturday that couldn't possibly have been less dead. As good a night out as I've had in nearly 20 years of clubbing in London. And the place was rammed, too.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Uh, not you, by the sound of it? I went to a club on Saturday that couldn't possibly have been less dead. As good a night out as I've had in nearly 20 years of clubbing in London. And the place was rammed, too.

where was that and who did u see?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
where was that and who did u see?

World Unknown, it's a night I've been going to for years. No big-name DJs, just Andy Blake who runs the night and one of his mates who I'd not heard of. Venue was a small place I'd not been to (or indeed heard of) before, called Sedition, just off Old Street. The music was a mix of house, techno, new beat/EBM and the harder end of Italo, so maybe not your cup of tea exactly (if there was any fourth-world gabber-trance deathrave, it happened while I was outside having a smoke) but of such a consistently high quality that I can't really imagine anyone who doesn't hate clubs on principle not having a great time. Super friendly and fairly diverse crowd, great soundsystem, great drugs, decent door staff and a refreshing lack of Spetsnaz wannabes moodily trudging through the dancefloor shining torches in everyone's eyes.

I'll give you a shout next time it's on, if you like. I'll even agree that Jordan Peterson is a tiresome bigoted fool and we can bury the hatchet properly.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
nah that exactly sounds like my cup of tea mates told me about it a few years ago i thought they'd stopped.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
i like all the dance musics apart from tech house and progressive house.

even partial to a bit of 90s hard house, this is a banger.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
nah that exactly sounds like my cup of tea mates told me about it a few years ago i thought they'd stopped.

They go through periods of not putting on any nights for several months at a time, that might be it. This was the last one till October, for example.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
i called one of those guys pretentious and dissed a 1996 trance track maybe i need to cultivate better habits lol. both of my posts got flagged.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
tried to log into 555-5555
Account suspended until July 24, 3018: Multiple post flags for weeks with no response. Reactivation possible if fixed

chava

tried to log into 555-5555
Account suspended until July 24, 3018: Multiple post flags for weeks with no response. Reactivation possible if fixed

That forum is run by self-righteous tone policers. I got hauled through a maostic inquisitive process because I dared questioning the meaning of the word "patriarchy". I'd never ever witnessed anything as absurd and I guess as an old(er) continental european I have now gotten familiar with the regressive policies of Anglo-American culture. No dissensus allowed for sure.

I had some good discussions before in there before tho, but no hard tears from me if that forum rots away for good.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
i didn't even say anything controversial i just ribbed with that zurko guy a bit i mean if hes so invested in UK music then he should know we talk straight to the point and its not personal or anything. and im about as far left as they come.

doesn't seem like its actually run by people of colour as well so the whole social justice angle seems a bit odd - im brown and i would notice if it wasn't a goldsmiths club.

strange stuff this whole deconstructed club scene. a lot of it seems to be journalistic monetising after all the eccentric personalities have been flushed out.

Last edited:

chava

i didn't even say anything controversial i just ribbed with that zurko guy a bit i mean if hes so invested in UK music then he should know we talk straight to the point and its not personal or anything. and im about as far left as they come.

doesn't seem like its actually run by people of colour as well so the whole social justice angle seems a bit odd - im brown and i would notice if it wasn't a goldsmiths club.

strange stuff this whole deconstructed club scene. a lot of it seems to be journalistic monetising after all the eccentric personalities have been flushed out.

I also had a perfectly fine discussion going on with zurko, and out of nowhere because of my remark of wanting to discuss an obv 'toxic' subject I got called in by the inquisitors. I've chatted with zurko since then and he finds the thing just as absurd as me (I've kept the logs). I mean I got told literally to "rethink" what I wrote and either delete or rewrite it "and then we will forget this thing". I mean I am not normally not stubborn, but that was just too much so I told them to f*ck off.

Idk what it is with these selfrighteous supposedly 'woke' people. I can't see any social justice emerging from that behaviour that's for sure.