Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Jordan Peterson thinks it makes sense to compare humans with lobsters

Quote Originally Posted by chava View Post
    Because of the alt-right basement dwellers? So much more the reason to address these types instead of ostracize them further, no matter their reprehensible views.
    That's what the left has been doing for 50 years though. they have completely conceded the culture war to them. the left is much more fascist as a result, people say oh but this is an abhorrent right wing ideology. it isn't really. not a huge jump from some of the arguments around national sovereignty for workers to this.

Like your mates have been addressing these types for years and years. alt right is just a branding exercise. this kind of old school modernised conservatism has been around in Europe right from the weimar republic and mutated in the post-war fascist underground into metapolitics. the idea was not to contest political power. and the left fell for it.
    Last edited by thirdform; 12-04-2019 at 10:33 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to thirdform For This Useful Post:

Sorry to bring it back to this but: I'm thinking of writing something about 9/11. Not just the stuff I mentioned earlier, but pointing out how the Towers were never evacuated, and in fact the Port Authority told anyone who tried to evacuate to turn around and stay locked in. That's what I mean by that blankness of affect, the lack of urgency. You hear it in the newscasters voices too. Maybe it was disbelief (no one until then had attacked the US on its soil), but something tells me there's more to it.

If I wrote said article, how long before someone finally just blows my fucking brains out (best case)? Given my "talent" for making people's "blood boil" for "no good reason"???

There's been quite a lot of conspiratorial stuff written about 9/11. You'd just be adding to the pile. Fairly sure your life wouldn't be in danger. If you want to write it, write it. Almost everyone in this board is fiercely committed to defending the official story in all its details and is hugely hostile towards anyone questioning but in the real world most people are quite sceptical.

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    There's been quite a lot of conspiratorial stuff written about 9/11. You'd just be adding to the pile. Fairly sure your life wouldn't be in danger. If you want to write it, write it. Almost everyone in this board is fiercely committed to defending the official story in all its details and is hugely hostile towards anyone questioning but in the real world most people are quite sceptical.

\_(ツ)_/ This is why I quit. It's like no one comprehends a word I'm saying. This isn't a conspiracy. Look it up! At least 40 minutes elapsed between the second plane crash and still everyone in the towers was told to stay inside. The only justification I could find was "we didn't want to show weakness." The fuck kind of rationalization is that? The real conspiracy (like all conspiracies, in my experience at least) is a conspiracy of silence, since no media outlets covered this colossal fuckup.

Okay, for real this time, I bid you adieu.

Possibly they thought an emergency evacuation of a building of that size would cause a stampede.

The literal "inside job" 9/11 conspiracy theories are fairly easily dismissed but I've come around to considering as quite plausible the idea that one or more highly-placed persons in the US intelligence and security services could have had some idea that something was going to go down and failed to do anything about it, either out of incompetence, venal self-interest or some twisted idea that it was in the "national interest".
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

I think we need this clip to sum things up :

https://www.quora.com/Why-didnt-they...he-first-crash

Some fairly plausible explanations here, I think.

Gruesome, too (how could it not be?) - they may not have wanted people evacuated because bodies were hurtling down from Tower 1 and landing on people.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Corpsey For This Useful Post:

I wasn't in the towers but was in an office in the east village, a ways north of the area. I can say that there was a very strange mood, almost a sense of calmness as offices were closed and people made their way home. it was as if the attack was so incredibly unbelievable, outrageous and horrendous that we were in a bit of a state of shock. where you'd imagine wild running and screaming and chaos, most people instead just put their heads down and were determined to just get the fuck out of there. it was also an example of new yorkers helping each other in times of crisis, there were actually orderly lines at the ferries to Brooklyn and NJ. I feared it would be a mad rush to get on, but no.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Leo For This Useful Post:

It was totally surreal. I don't believe there had ever been an attack like that before?

It was partly cos it was America, of course (thought of as invincible), but it was also the (for want of a better word) movie-ness of the image - an airliner flying into the side of a skyscraper, and literally out of a clear blue sky.

A lot of conspiracy theories (not addressing you here nucleus) talk about odd behaviour from people on the day of the event, but of course people behave oddly, all sorts of weird shit happens even when there isn't planes flying into buildings.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Corpsey For This Useful Post:

not what i was hoping for to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by Corpsey View Post
    It was totally surreal. I don't believe there had ever been an attack like that before?

It was partly cos it was America, of course (thought of as invincible), but it was also the (for want of a better word) movie-ness of the image - an airliner flying into the side of a skyscraper, and literally out of a clear blue sky.
    Ballard said something similar - 12:41.

I've seen people say that a lot, though - it was like a vulgar hollywood action movie had become real.

It still feels somewhat unreal to me, but I feel that way about a lot of things.