Jordan Peterson thinks it makes sense to compare humans with lobsters

droid

OK, so you accept the fact that he makes frequent use of a nazi propoganda term popularised by right wing mass murderers?

sadmanbarty

Give us an opinion on Peterson Bart. Give us an angle. What's it all about?

i don't know anything about him.

in general i find all the culture wars stuff asinine. all the alt right people saying something just to wind up all the art students who then thrive on telling them off.

they're all dumb. just ignore them.

Agent

dgaf ngaf cgaf
in general i find all the culture wars stuff asinine. all the alt right people saying something just to wind up all the art students who then thrive on telling them off.

I agree and I just don't understand its force of attraction on people, like an addiction. The culture wars and identity politics obsession. Do people really define themselves by these labels, has individuality been so drowned out by, let's say, social media that people need to cling to labels (gender, political, orientation, hell dietary, etc.) to feel like a damned person? It weirds me out.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
People are lost and ever since 9/11 (not sure why 9/11 triggered it but it was definitely the sea change imo) and desperate to be seen as 'good.'

Last edited:

droid

i don't know anything about him.

Yeah, just ignore the right. Nothing bad has ever come of that.

Agent

dgaf ngaf cgaf
People are lost and ever since 9/11 (not sure why 9/11 triggered it but it was definitely the sea change imo) desperate to be seen as 'good.'

I know. Have you ever re-watched live news coverage of 9/11 after the fact? I did, a few years ago. Not one expressed emotion, not even a sense of urgency, from the crowds of people (many were laughing), to the media covering the event. That footage has since been pulled from YouTube, the 4-8 hour media marathons at least, but I bet you can find it elsewhere on the web. It will creep you out. Ten days later, everyone was crying and hugging and praying for each other, everyone downloaded the victim-playing persona pretty quickly considering we were still using dial-up and unreliable DSL. But there was an adjustment period, and you can see and feel it, and it is freaky.

But yeah it's undeniable: that transition was crucial to the Millennial sensibility, which includes everyone, it infantilized everyone, not just a single generation of young people.

Last edited:

droid

Total Bullshit. I watched news footage of 911 fairly recently. There's people weeping on the streets, freaking out, walking around shell shocked. Exactly the kinds of reactions you normally see at disaster sites.

luka

Pretty sure I laughed when I first saw the headlines. Not being bad, it was just my reaction.

sadmanbarty

bloody hell droid. it's alright, you're amongst friends. relax, we're here for you.

would it help if i put a daniel lanois on choon of the day? take you to your happy place.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
It took me a while after watching the footage on the day before it really sank in. Speechless more than anything. I kept a copy of the daily star (which I still have) from the following day because I knew this would most likely be the defining moment of history in my lifetime.

dsta_2001_09_12_001rgb.jpg

Think it still is.