Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: World Cup 2018

For the first half it was surprisingly quite exciting, and then it turned into the typical England game I've nodded in and out of over the past twenty years since giving up football. Furrow-browed frustration.

OTOH the tunisians were mandhandling like a motherfucker and we should have had at least one penalty.

during the second half my only thought was 'i'll never get this 45 minutes of my life back', but some strange force kept me glued to the sofa. Mesmerisingly dreadful. England were good for the first 20, but Lineker's 'I can't remember when England started a major tournament this well' was eyeroll material - in 2014 England were at least very good against Italy for large stretches. They lost, but they were playing a quality team. Why is incorrect cliche always preferred to reality?

Yeah, Tunisia were taking the piss at some points, and I think there were 2 relatively clear pens for England.
    Last edited by baboon2004; 19-06-2018 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Faulty memory

3. The Following User Says Thank You to baboon2004 For This Useful Post:

The success ofthe Russian team leaves me a bit

can uruguay stop playing year 5 football and give this saudi team the thrashing they deserve.

can anyone at all give Portugal the thrashing they so sorely deserve?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to baboon2004 For This Useful Post: