Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: World Cup 2018

during the second half my only thought was 'i'll never get this 45 minutes of my life back', but some strange force kept me glued to the sofa. Mesmerisingly dreadful. England were good for the first 20, but Lineker's 'I can't remember when England started a major tournament this well' was eyeroll material - in 2014 England were at least very good against Italy for large stretches. They lost, but they were playing a quality team. Why is incorrect cliche always preferred to reality?

Yeah, Tunisia were taking the piss at some points, and I think there were 2 relatively clear pens for England.
    Last edited by baboon2004; 19-06-2018 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Faulty memory

2. The Following User Says Thank You to baboon2004 For This Useful Post:

The success ofthe Russian team leaves me a bit

can uruguay stop playing year 5 football and give this saudi team the thrashing they deserve.

can anyone at all give Portugal the thrashing they so sorely deserve?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to baboon2004 For This Useful Post:

Neymar's meltdown is hilarious, even if Costa Rica's challenges are so agricultural they might as well be driving round in tractors (to use my ITV commentary voice). Hopefully he doesn't now score a winner in the last 9 minutes

Edit 9ish minutes later: I like Coutinho, so that's bearable
    Last edited by baboon2004; 22-06-2018 at 01:49 PM.

He doesn't do charm.

Interesting to see if Modric can be the main man at this World Cup. Always in the shadow of superstars at Madrid, but arguably more influential than any of them. Croatia-Spain in the quarters might be a classic if that's how it pans out

Amazing climax to the Germany Sweden match, and beautiful strike

Quote Originally Posted by Corpsey View Post
    Amazing climax to the Germany Sweden match, and beautiful strike
    Kroos had a reasonably poor game by his standards too; amazing to be able to pull that out of the bag after misplacing simple passes all game.

ronaldo should have been sent off.

That game was rigged.

ENG-BEL would have been a contender for the all-time list of most embarrassing matches at the WC, had Japan-Poland not already happened. And at least that was taking the piss in a funny, rather than deadening, way. Much better if Southgate had just sent his benchwarmers out to get 5 yellow cards and played for the draw.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to baboon2004 For This Useful Post:

we're guna fuckin do em so much pride and passion in the lads we cant lose. 3-0 put your house on that.

the difference between our boys and theres is that the shirt and the flag means everything to our lot. they would literally lay down their lives for the cross of st. george. can you say the same for a bunch of columbian mercenaries? i do not think so.

Headbutted him. Shouldn't be a Red Card, he should be deported to Australia.

Typical South American gangster shanty town thugs trying to rattle Our Brave Young Team.

IT'S A DISGRACE

To be fair to Columbia, their comic timing is gold.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to craner For This Useful Post:

40 minutes ago I was predicting a penalty shoot out, but forgot to put it in writing. My finger was in the wind.