World Cup 2018

luka

should of 6 or 7 nil. easy win for the lads. cant imagine we'll have any trouble with the russians/croats in the semis either. the french have a massive inferiority complex when it comes to the english so we'll smash them in the final.

droid

They weren't bad today, and Croatia will be tired. I'd give them a 20% chance against Belgium/France if they make it to the final.

Leo

expected Croatia to have an easier time against Russia, must have been that home crowd advantage and Putin voodoo. Croatia's good, do you really think that extra 30 minutes of play will be that much of a factor with three days rest? either way, it won't be an easy match for yr boys.

btw, I'm admittedly not a big football fan so might be off base here but the referees seem to be in the way of play a lot this year. often seems like they're in the middle of a pass, or practically getting run over.

Last edited:

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
The one time the England A team faced a quality passing side (Colombia for minutes 85-105 of that match), they looked ragged. But they're still the most balanced England team in aeons. Game against Croatia will be fascinating, especially if Modric and Rakitic turn up like they did vs Argentina. Impossible to call.

Belgium were magnificent. I hope de Bruyne and Hazard can keep that standard up, because it elevates the whole World Cup.

luka

Belgium and France are both class, almost feel like this should be the final.

#itscominghome though

they both speak the same language so its not a real wc match. more a domestic rivalry. not suitable for the final

droid

Worst outcome for England. Anything's possible but cant see them beating France. Could easily see a 5-0 hockeying in fact.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
My football fluent friends seem to think it would have been worse playing Belgium. God knows why.

Seeing a lot of ppl online absolutely despising France for apparently diving and so on. I didn't notice this but I'm not very perceptive, and any excuse to make France the villain against our golden lads.

I kinda want England to win just for the spectacle of a nation losing its shit. Might be a horrible sight, but probably more interesting than the usual grimly satisfied pessimism.

luka

we have to win. it's vital. remember agincourt. up your delors. bobby moore. lord nelson. winston churchill. the duke of wellington.

droid

My football fluent friends seem to think it would have been worse playing Belgium. God knows why.

Seeing a lot of ppl online absolutely despising France for apparently diving and so on. I didn't notice this but I'm not very perceptive, and any excuse to make France the villain against our golden lads.

I kinda want England to win just for the spectacle of a nation losing its shit. Might be a horrible sight, but probably more interesting than the usual grimly satisfied pessimism.

France and Belgium are quite similar. Strong midfield, decent defence, good in the air. I think the main difference is theyre both super dangerous on the counter attack but France is much faster - like lightening fast.