Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how to hide your face in the Wire

Quote Originally Posted by JWoulf View Post
    The wire aesthetic, purposely dry and dull in an attempt to reflect some intellectual or other value of the music. Which is daft. At times it extended to or was reflected in the music, Touch, As/OR, endless field recordings, snippets of mundane conversation, litterally dry reverbless crackles. Listening to Aube record drips of water in a basement. Which was amazing.

That said there are some pretty great images in that twitter account like what are you looking for some kind of vouge fabulousness?
    i dunno. i'd hate for this degenerate into a thread slagging the wire off.

i mean, it's basically done for love. the journalism is thorough. they're determined to be at the cutting edge of what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    i dunno. i'd hate for this degenerate into a thread slagging the wire off.

i mean, it's basically done for love. the journalism is thorough. they're determined to be at the cutting edge of what they do.

there's definitely a thing though where the exotic tune you've had on repeat gets a re-evaluation, quite undeliberately, because you've seen a picture of the artist and they just look humdrum like a bloke from your school or your neighbour - that's not a Wire-specific issue

or is that cos we were spoilt in the 80's when popstars looked outlandish up to our expectations (and so did i-D)?

Quote Originally Posted by sufi View Post
    there's definitely a thing though where the exotic tune you've had on repeat gets a re-evaluation, quite undeliberately, because you've seen a picture of the artist and they just look humdrum like a bloke from your school or your neighbour - that's not a Wire-specific issue
    ok this is similar to how i liked rita ora's "your song" imagined what a great trendy video it would have and then watched

THIS

(bunch of dudes and rita in 1980s business clothes - er no thanks)

(how wire-ish is that - not very)