Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ageing

Shoes with jeans is some Jeremy Clarkson nonsense.

Obviously I wear shoes with my suit every day though (even at weekends - those anarchists at the Wilhelm Reich talk on Saturday were well jealous of my garms).

You will regularly see me in jeans and trainers at Dalston's fashionable Cafe OTO however.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to john eden For This Useful Post:

low key skate shoes/hiking trainers is a personality type

refusal of the display aspect of dress

it doesnt harm your chances in the sexual marketplace though cos you can just find a partner
    who also favours low key skate shoes/hiking trainers.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to luka For This Useful Post:

One of the things i look forward to about old age is being able to grow a big white beard and dress like Claude Monet

I cultivated a desire, for a time, to write a series for THUMP or something called 'No Club Scene for Old Men'. It would be about my experience of increasing alienation from clubbing, at the grand old age of 33. I'd have also brought in a personal anecdote about being K'd up to the eyeballs at a festival four or five years ago and having to leave the dancefloor because a man in (at least) his 60s started dancing in front of me and it was like being confronted by the spectre of death.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Corpsey For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Corpsey View Post
    I cultivated a desire, for a time, to write a series for THUMP or something called 'No Club Scene for Old Men'. It would be about my experience of increasing alienation from clubbing, at the grand old age of 33. I'd have also brought in a personal anecdote about being K'd up to the eyeballs at a festival four or five years ago and having to leave the dancefloor because a man in (at least) his 60s started dancing in front of me and it was like being confronted by the spectre of death.
    like i say thats why weddings are so great. everyone likes dancing and having a good time and apart from a few awkward teenagers everyone gets bang into it and the music caters for all generations (except sulky teenagers)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to luka For This Useful Post:

Recently I stayed at a mate's flat after a night out and he stayed up with this couple who we'd met who were in their early 20s. They were all doing coke and pills on his balconey til 9am or whatever. I got up and walked in and my mate looked like quasimodo. They both looked immaculate. Glowing. Smooth-skinned. It was amazing. When you're so young that the drugs don't leave a scratch.

And then when you're old you can look like you've been up all night on the chang and it's just that you haven't had a cup of tea in the last five minutes.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corpsey For This Useful Post:

but the thing is people who are going out raving a lot past the age of 25 or obviously bit wrong.
    so a scene is impossible probably as that depends on a coterie of regulars.

we just want to go out once every two months and blow off steam

obviously the gays can do what they want theyre a law unto themselves

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luka For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    but the thing is people who are going out raving a lot past the age of 25 or obviously bit wrong.

Saw some lads at Lovebox last year who must have been 18 at the most, all had their shirts off, all clearly on multiple pingers, eyes bugged out, etc.

And even THEY looked great. If you see someone of my age or older with their eyes bulging out they tend to look like they should be put down.

Oh don't get me wrong I don't WANT a club scene for old men. How depressing would that be?

We all love music and dancing of course but must we disavow the desire to dance at least within sweating distance of the young and beautiful? (And, as I am saying here, the young mostly ARE beautiful, in their way...)

Ray Keith's Beard is almost too perfect.
    https://www.facebook.com/RayKeithoff...5752362111469/
    Oh my God.

Can't believe Ray Keith's that old tbh

Bald with big white beard is such a great look for men, even the ugly ones can look majestic.

I used to go to some incredible rocksteady nights near me that had couples in the 60s raving alongside trojan skinheads that must have been early 20s. It was a really really good vibe.

You get that a bit at Shaka as well but he is a bit fire and brimstone.