Eurodance 80s - 90s

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
trying think of more pre-eurodance italo etc, tho I self-select away from it so I don't have many examples of things I actually like

Italian producers, British singer (tho weirdly it feels like she's kinda singing in an Italian accent)

same guys what did Faces, almost as good

padraig (u.s.)

alright I have it

3 Swiss teenagers in the late 80s, armed with synthesizers, synth drums + a deep love of italo, hi-NRG + all kind of debauched grooveless continental electronic disco

this is rerecorded a few years ago by one of the guys with some modern italo revivalist types but still, pretty much perfect dumb teenager music

luka

still reckon technotronic is better though

(i was out the country while everyone had their snout in the trough and was dancing to italodisco
in shoreditch)

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
I do find the continental electronic disco tradition from Moroder on down interesting but mostly unlistenable

idk what it is, maybe once the bpms speed up it just loses any vestige of groove?

you might like the good trance thread i started more ebm than groove high tempo continental rave belters.

padraig (u.s.)

you might like the good trance thread i started more ebm than groove high tempo continental rave belters.
I have noted it I may post some things up later or tomorrow

have the same issue as this tho, once the bpm goes up it mostly loses the plot for me, unless it's really hard/dark/psychedelic etc

luka

what about our shared love of freestyle tho?

(once you filter the worst of the dodgy terrible vocals, which admittedly is most of it)

dont like to touch on freestyle too much cos the good bits undermine my crucial all latin music is bad stance.
(exacerbated by very annoying ecuadorian neighbours who fucking blast it out at industrial volumes)

firefinga

we were talking about eurodance recently in relation to that principe disco yaldrin was posting. the really bizzare decadent late period stuff that was so depraved and disturbing but also all over the charts.

There was stuff in the charts (and is possibly on youtube) not even I am willing to post.

Numbers

Completely ostracised at the time, but recently enjoying some nostalgic revival and critical reappraisal.