Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Psychedelic drugs

Tripsters

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Corpsey For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    there's certainly a macho element to it in the same way as insisting on the literalism of actually climbing to the top of a very tall mountain is macho, or crossing a desert or polar waste.
    This reminds me of that Baudrillard thing about the "weakness" of proving to yourself that you exist.

“…sense of futility that comes from doing anything merely to prove to yourself that you can do it: having a child, climbing a mountain, making some sexual conquest, committing suicide.
    The marathon is a form of demonstrative suicide, suicide as advertising: it is running to show you are capable of getting every last drop of energy out of yourself, to prove it… to prove what? That you are capable of finishing. Graffiti carry the same message. They simply say: I’m so-and-so and I exist! They are free publicity for existence.
    Do we continually have to prove to ourselves that we exist? A strange sign of weakness, harbinger of a new fanaticism for a faceless performance, endlessly self-evident.”

4. The Following User Says Thank You to version For This Useful Post:

https://www.theguardian.com/books/20...ology-research

Sixty years after William S Burroughs journeyed into the South American rainforests and took the hallucinogenic infusion yagé, the respected neuroscientist Andrew Lees has written a memoir telling of how the Beat legend inspired his own trip to the Amazon, where he experimented on himself with the potion to further his medical research into Parkinson’s disease.

it seems to be just a thing you do as a pretext to writing a book now. like inviting a navy SEAL to live with you for a month or walking round Ireland with a fridge.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to luka For This Useful Post:

it seems to be just a thing you do as a pretext to writing a book now. like inviting a navy SEAL to live with you for a month or walking round Ireland with a fridge.
    I'd definitely publish your book about living with a navy SEAL for a month to join you in taking psychedelic drugs

Actually I'd also like to see you position yourself as a wyrd Brit Rogan.

that would be good wouldnt it. im bald but not as red faced and puffy with protein supplements and creatine. i can fix that though.

that would be good wouldnt it. im bald but not as red faced and puffy with protein supplements and creatine. i can fix that though.
    I think you should set yourself a goal: achieve full-blown gammon status by the end of the summer.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Tea For This Useful Post:

would have to start eating red meat. only way you can achieve that bloat, the crimson cheeks and dead eyed look. that spiritually debased and broken flesh sack look.

that kind of date rape beady eyed look. that puffy hormone booster look. that's the effect of meat in the diet.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to luka For This Useful Post:

that kind of date rape beady eyed look. that puffy hormone booster look. that's the effect of meat in the diet.
    as opposed to

16. The Following User Says Thank You to HMGovt For This Useful Post:

the only vegetarians on the forum are me and barty.

Quote Originally Posted by HMGovt View Post
    as opposed to

I raise you:

5fe.jpg
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

whose the alfalfa male on the forum?

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luka For This Useful Post:

its the desperately compensatory lurch that makes the trump/keto thing so basic in a psychological sense. not saying you hmg lol im sure you didnt vote trump cos you are from cambrigeshire.

its the desperately compensatory lurch that makes the trump/keto thing so basic in a psychological sense. not saying you hmg lol im sure you didnt vote trump cos you are from cambrigeshire.
    Carry on defeating yourself, by all means. A body can consume itself for quite a while on your diet, certainly long enough to see you into late middle age before collapsing into a cachexic wreck of metabolic disorders, depression, chronic bloat and fatigue. It is perfectly acceptable in British males, so why not?

23. The Following User Says Thank You to HMGovt For This Useful Post: