Corpsey

bandz ahoy
You could go mad but also you can't tolerate life as is which is why you're left with this desperate decision. Do I or don't I.

It's fear in a handful of dust

Edit

And

A universe in a grain of sand

Last edited:

luka

That is the nature of ritual. That's how it segregates the instant and sacralises it.

luka

Probably the worst that'll happen is you'll learn to play drums like Barty or write poetry like mine

luka

do it, corpsey! easily one of my fave experiences ever

p.s. any chance of hearing barty play the drums?

If I could supply a satisfactory answer to this question I would have solved one of the central dilemmas of my life at the moment

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
Add dosage to the list. Critical. Bad drug experiences are valuable though. Sometimes it takes half your life to figure that out.

*raises hand

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
The times I've felt like I was going mad on druqs were when I couldn't see through a hallucination

So I felt like I was trapped inside it

And that's why DMT might be a bad idea

OTOH I know that it's the ultimate in psychedelic experiences soooo

luka

Because it gave me a new measuring stick for the good. A model of clarity and attunement as opposed to the fecund dark and 'in-betweeness' of weed. That's the short version. I've had it roughly 1000 times. Of those occassions maybe 3 or 4 have been alarming but because the total duration of the experience is only 5 minutes there's never the sense of being trapped inside it that you can get from the longer lasting psychedelics

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
A mate of mine had a really rough experience on DMT and developed issues with anxiety as a result. He's more or less fine now, but it fucked him up for a while and he stopped doing drugs altogether after that.

I imagine he's lucky it was 'just' DMT, in that case - not in terms of intensity of course, but duration, when you consider how long a mushroom or acid trip can last. Having said that, tripping hard can completely screw up your subjective sense of time, but I expect the objective duration of the stress your brain is under probably has some effect on the likelihood of lasting after-effects.

droid

I had this on an acid trip. I was sat at one of those old, reddish tables in a pub and all the scratches on it just sort of swarmed my head, arcing and flickering around, until I realised I couldn't actually see anything else. I ended up just having to stay in place until it subsided, there was no way I'd have been able to walk around or do anything.

The whole evening was ridiculous tbh, it started with me blocking a toilet taking a shit then managing to get the entire thing stuck on a brush and flinging it all over the bathroom, there was the whole thing of going blind for a while and later on a girl was dancing on a table and slipped and sat on a pint glass so I ended up having to call an ambulance.

Christ. This would never happen under my watch. Who was supervising you?!

luka

Who supervises you when you go for a shit anyway?
Booze and psychedelics together is a recipe for disaster though. Every time I've done it I've regretted it. That includes drinking in the immediate aftermath the week or fortnight afterwards. It's very dicey. The usual chains aren't in place.

luka

One of the reasons I very rarely drink is that twenty years of constant psychedelics have removed too many inhibitory structures from my mind snd drinking easily tips over into raging madness nowadays.