Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Psychedelic drugs

I did acid on Sunday for the second time in my life and this time had some full on hallucinations of fractal patterns etc. But the best thing about it was after the visions had worn off I was left with this intense feeling of meaningfulness in everything I could see - not only the trees and the sky or people, but in objects. I didn't see profundity in my trainers or bottles of beer or toilet roll, but it was really striking me how ingenuous and creative humans are, and - since we are just an extension of life itself - life is.

In a funny way it actually made me admire capitalism which is sort of the opposite of what acid is supposed to do lol

It's a feeling I have been trying to hold onto since, though of course it has lost its intensity now, especially as I'm on a horrible comedown with a stinking cold. But it was an eye opener as to how therapeutic psychedelics can be in terms of connecting you to everything around you.
    Last edited by Corpsey; 04-09-2018 at 02:57 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corpsey For This Useful Post:

When I was in the midst of it I sensed that I could have really leaned into it and experienced something like that 'ego death' which is supposed to be so terrifying and life changing, but I didn't really feel prepared for it. But I definitely lost interest in myself during the whole experience.