Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Haha perfect

I'd never want to do one of those Ayahuasca ceremonies in Peru - aside from the puking and confronting inner demons there's having to do it in the company of venture capitalists and cringey hippies.

luka

It's also stripping the jungles of the vine it'll disappear and a whole culture will die with it for the hedonic indulgence of people like that. Just smoke dmt.

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
Drink,for several years.

same, in an extreme way. what scares me most is the black holes in my memory and the tiny fragments that i sometimes remember, or that i think i remember? no way to know what is real? losing keys, wallets, phones - or everything at once. forgetting having to go to work the next day, or not forgetting it but just not giving a fuck. turning up late the next day, forgetting appointments, names, encounters, etc. embarrassed myself again this weekend, in such a way that i think i have to stop now. because i'm afraid of the stage that comes after that level of embarrassment.

luka

Yes I was saying to woops we have a secret biography, an occluded life, this other walking round in our body, doing things we have no recollection of.

luka

Because heavy drinking leads to paranoia I'd have these visions of wanted posters with my face on, accusing me of crimes I'd have no memory of.

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
i do this thing where i'm drunk and i know that i'm gonna forget things so i write myself little notes. for example, your bicycle is parked there and there. i wake up the next day, find those notes and i just think to myself how pathetic that is. a level of normalization. and, again, scary: getting notes from somebody else who is not you but is also very much you.

luka

This is why I cut it out pretty much altogether. It wss getting too dark. It's very isolating, very lonely without it but im hoping eventually I will pick up a large enough social circle that don't actually depend on alcohol to interact with one another.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
probably said this before but I'd be more of a drinker if drinking just kept me as drunk as i am after say two pints

i know the solution to this would be to drink two pints and then leave it but you know how it is when you've started drinking

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I mean I guess I'm actually describing microdosing - although two pints is hardly a 'micro' dose.

I often wish that the weed I smoke was less powerful, because I enjoy smoking it so much but I only need a tiny amount really to get nicely baked.

luka

I have a friend who veers from being perfectly fine to drinking so much that he doesn't remember hitting you in the face or why he spent £400 on his card.

It's the people who drink and aren't like this that mystify me. I suppose the descent into insanity wss basically the whole point for me. I never understood that 'just a nice quiet drink' thing. Fuck it, roll the dice, lose everything

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
You tried using a one-hitter?

Dunno what that is.

If it means just doing one hit and enjoying it, the problem is I like smoking it so much, so I'm not smoking more to get more stoned, I'm smoking more cos I like the taste and the act of smoking.

luka

Just a little pipe with a tiny bowl. Most English people are too wedded to king size rizlas and tobacco to be able to find satisfaction in any other way of smoking. ..that was certainly true for me anyway

luka

Maybe I'll have a beer now. Ive got one of those italian morettis corpse loves so much, the big huge ones.

luka

Another reason I gave up was so many of my friends realised in their 30s that they'd somehow slipped imperceptibly into quite serious and dangerous alcoholism. I felt I had to set a good example cos people follow me and I don't want to be a bad role model

luka

Maybe I'll have a beer now. Ive got one of those italian morettis corpse loves so much, the big huge ones.

If by 7 o clock im saying mr tea dances on the graves of Palestinian children, you'll know what's gone wrong

luka

Go on an absolute fucking rampage and ruin your life. I know it well. I wonder what's behind it though

luka

Yeah, it's boredom too though innit. Im so bored in the evenings. They seem such a pointless time-bloc. What are you supposed to do with an evening? It's a fucking desert.